Lightweight alternative to Jet Fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you like your Jets, you'll love slipstreams. Same fin, but lighter, and a tad stiffer.

Just get it. :)

I hv a pair of jets in pink/black, original FF and tan delta FF as well as a quattro.
I also love ALL 4 fins and do just fine with any of them. However for travelling sake I carry the original FF. Get the pro or tan delta if u like it more rigid. The FFs are GREAT for LOB especially. Small n easy to move abt plus v light to pack.

Good luck!

If you like your Jets, you'll love slipstreams. Same fin, but lighter, and a tad stiffer.

Just get it. :)

Like your style :)

Also, not trying to be OT, I note your profile mentions photography. That's a consideration for me as well - if slipstreams can match jets' maneouvrability, then we have a winner.

Thanks again, one and all!

Like your style :)

Also, not trying to be OT, I note your profile mentions photography. That's a consideration for me as well - if slipstreams can match jets' maneouvrability, then we have a winner.

Thanks again, one and all!

Yup. Like I said, they're nearly identical... and not just in looks. If you're used to diving Jets, you'll have zero issues diving the SlipStreams. They're a tad stiffer, but you work the fins identically.

All the maneuverability I had with my Jets, I have with my SlipStreams. Very nice, recently, when I took the lighter Slips to Thailand... especially with the weight restrictions. Jets would have put me way over the top.

Yup. Like I said, they're nearly identical... and not just in looks. If you're used to diving Jets, you'll have zero issues diving the SlipStreams. They're a tad stiffer, but you work the fins identically.

All the maneuverability I had with my Jets, I have with my SlipStreams. Very nice, recently, when I took the lighter Slips to Thailand... especially with the weight restrictions. Jets would have put me way over the top.

Slipstreams now on order from Scubatoys:D

I wear atomic splits and am looking for something lighter for traveling too, preferably a full foot so I can leave my boots at home. Tried their full foots on but couldn't get a good fit. Tired the mares voloss but their foot pocket didn't fit either. Any suggestions? Checked out the OMS but they're not small enough for me. I'm a women's 8 (mens 7) and euruopean 39.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom