Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I hunt, eat and make jewelry and accessories from the fins of the Invasive Lionfish here on the island of Aruba. I have necklaces, bracelets, keychains, earrings, rings, hair clips, cufflinks, tie clips, money clips, Christmas ornaments, wine glass charms, wine bottle stoppers, bookmarkers, pins, and magnets. Prices range from $5-$40 USD. My Etsy page is Lionfintastic: Lionfish jewelry handmade in Aruba by Lionfintastic on Etsy and my Facebook page is Lionfintastic. Contact me to see what I have available.

Lionfish are an invasive species from the Pacific and Indian Oceans. They are not native to the Caribbean Sea and therefore have no natural predator here in Aruba. The Lionfish showed up off of Florida in 1985 and didn’t migrate down to Aruba until 2009. They have voracious appetites and devour all the small fish and shrimps on the coral head and total disrupts the natural food chain process. Marine Researchers believe that people dumped them from their aquariums. The Caribbean is a prime environment for their reproduction as they reproduce every 2-4 days up to 60,000 eggs. I hunt them, eat them and use their tail and pelvic fins in the pieces.

display i.jpg
display.jpg
chains.jpg
display i.jpg
display.jpg
chains.jpg
b.jpg
display.jpg
keychains animals.jpg
neck.jpg

Attachments

• display i.jpg