Lion's Dive or Sunscape All Inclusive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BradMM

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm already booked at Lion's but just discovered Sunscape. I suspect it would be hard to transfer my reservation with Expedia but I was wondering if it would be worth the trouble...? We've always liked all inclusives (Mexico), I don't know what kind of food is available at Lion's and I don't know what the room charge differences are but if anyone had a good experience at Sunscape, I will look into it more.

We've never stayed at Lions, but we've been to the Sabor many times. It's good, but Secrets is better. And there's an issue with them, currently, wanting to charge people extra to use the dock to go diving with anyone other than the house op.
One thing I suggest...
Secrets is better. It's nicer, has more restaurants, and is adults only. But booking it costs more. A lot more.
Every time we plan to stay there, I book us at the Sabor. Then, when we get there, I ask for an upgrade to Secrets. 100% of the time, we've been upgraded. The difference in price is generally less than half what it would have been if I'd book Secrets initially.

I'm not making the connection between Sunscape, Sabor and Secrets...? Are they other hotels? I was looking for all inclusive. Thanks!

I’ve only been to Lion’s and plan to go back. Lots of restaurant choices within walking distance along the beach.

I'm not making the connection between Sunscape, Sabor and Secrets...? Are they other hotels? I was looking for all inclusive. Thanks!

The full names are Sunscape Sabor and Secrets Aura. I shorten them to Sabor and Secrets, for no valid reason other than I do. I should have made that clear in my post. Sorry.
They're opposite halves of the same resort complex. Basically, the Sabor side is cheaper but you're restricted to the pools/bars/restaurants on that side. Secrets costs more, but you can use both sides, plus more pools, plus room service, plus nicer rooms, plus water slides from the ground floor rooms directly into the pool, which is fun.
They're both all inclusive.

The full names are Sunscape Sabor and Secrets Aura. I shorten them to Sabor and Secrets, for no valid reason other than I do. I should have made that clear in my post. Sorry.
They're opposite halves of the same resort complex. Basically, the Sabor side is cheaper but you're restricted to the pools/bars/restaurants on that side. Secrets costs more, but you can use both sides, plus more pools, plus room service, plus nicer rooms, plus water slides from the ground floor rooms directly into the pool, which is fun.
They're both all inclusive.
The OP was talking about Sunscape in Curacao, not Coz. (Sunscape and Lions Dive on Curacao are 2 places with no relationship, so transferring wouldn't be possible unless Expedia would do it.)

I'd say there is enough stuff walkable from Lion's Dive that it's not too much more trouble than the AI, though I have no idea how costs would compare. We haven't stayed or eaten at Lions Dive in ages, but I think I've heard the restaurant there is pretty good. There are several restaurants in the adjacent Seaquarium complex, and others nearby. Curacao has a variety of good restaurants downtown and around the island too and it seems a shame to completely skip that. I know not as handy as eating at your AI but I think you'd want to check out downtown sometime anyway. See if you can gather a group of people off your boat and head to a Rijsttafel place. A visit/meal at the Ostrich farm on your last non-dive day might be a fun idea too, if you had a car.

I'm already booked at Lion's but just discovered Sunscape.

looks like you need yet another trip..... :popcorn:

We have booked Lions for the second time (this year), and will see if it was just "first time joy", or if it was really what we liked....

FWIW - We didn't do it as A/I the first time, and wouldn't do it again as we will explore rather than a food plan other than breakfast....

We also are downgrading from "ocean front" to "ocean view" as we really didn't spend enough time in the room to really appreciate the additional cost.

YMMV

I thought the grounds and beach were nicer at Lions Dive. Plenty of food choices at Lions Dive and nearby.

Thanks to all!

I think I'll just take the easy way out and leave things like they are! I assume there will be other divers at Lions and might get some good dive stories over a Polar or two. :)

The OP was talking about Sunscape in Curacao, not Coz. (Sunscape and Lions Dive on Curacao are 2 places with no relationship, so transferring wouldn't be possible unless Expedia would do it.)

Whoops. #facepalm. My bad for not paying attention to the sub-forum.
Only AI we've stayed at on Curacao was Breezes. It was OK, but not up to our standards. To be fair, however, we arrived there the day after Hurricane Tomas, which could reasonably be expected to adversely affect things.

Back
Top Bottom