Lion's Dive or Sunscape All Inclusive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks to all!

I think I'll just take the easy way out and leave things like they are! I assume there will be other divers at Lions and might get some good dive stories over a Polar or two. :)
There should be plenty of divers at Lions Dive, I’d guess more percentage-wise than Sunscape. Dive resort vs. resort with diving.

Sunscape as mentioned is a former Breezes Kid's resort. Lions Dive IMO ins in a better area for access to better diving.

Both have Ocean Encounters on site but the main OE shop is at Lions Dive and they keep 3-4 boats there vs. (I believe) 1 at Sunscape.

OE also does the Dolphin Dives just off Lion's Dive since they're kept across the channel at the Sea Aquarium. The day we were there they were boat diving a couple sites south that you can't access from shore. Also they go to Klein Cueacao from there - I believe once a week.

As mentioned there's restaurants in that area since it's touristy. But not tacky. Hemingways is at Lions Dive and there's a beach bar. Also Mambo Beach Club and the recently opened Mambo Boulevard shops/restaurants complex.

From there you can head south to dives like the signature Tugboat, Jan Thiel and Director's Bay.

If you're with non-divers - Lions Dive provides a shuttle to downtown. I personally would not want to stay downtown due to the Megaport but to be fair - Sunscape is far enough south also to not be affected.

On Curacao we stay at sea aquarium right across from lions dive. We go out every night and pretty much 50% of the time never need a car. Many places have shuttles as well. BUT I would seriously rent a car at least a few days as many local places (we like) are a bit of a hike. If you want personal opinions on places shoot me a PM.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom