Liquivision Xeo battery overheat and do not power on

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelvkwok

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
IMG_5157.jpg

Hi, my unit was used for about 2 years without problem. Today when I put in battery it did not power on. The battery stay in its compartment for about 2 mins but it turned very hot, about 40 degree Celsius and barely could touched with bare hands. I tried another new (purchased a year ago) batteries but it is the same.
Then I tried to switch from blue battery to white rechargeable battery but also the same problem.
Those blue and white batteries measured to be 3.6V and 3.3V and should be fine. Well I have tried totally 5 of them as shown in the picture.
I am aware of the rechargeable battery and charger recall that caused explosion happened in 2013 but I don't think it is related as the blue battery is not rechargeable.
Anyone seen this before and any advice?
Thanks a lot.

I would try to contact Huish Outdoor, they purchsed Liquivision- bret.masson@huishoutdoors.comand explain problem but do not know if it would help. I own 2 Koan computers and display is going to point to where I cannot see during day on one of them-only at night. Contacted service and sent photos and got standard response-nothing we can do. Thant is why
I switched right away to Shearwater Perdix AI computer and am very happy with switch.

Thanks pconsidine. Your Koan problem of screen happened to my friend's Xeo before. It was used for 2-3 years period before that happened and still under warranty so he got a replacement at last.
So you just give up on you Koan? Did they get you a very high price service quotation so you switch to Perdix?

Thanks pconsidine. Your Koan problem of screen happened to my friend's Xeo before. It was used for 2-3 years period before that happened and still under warranty so he got a replacement at last.
So you just give up on you Koan? Did they get you a very high price service quotation so you switch to Perdix?
basically said out of warranty but computer was less than 3 years old and that there was no options as far as fixing. And I switched to Perdix since all my friends who dive both tech. & recreational switched to Perdix and I have read nothing but great reviews on Scubaboard plus battery replacement with a regular AA battery was a factor..

Sounds like the computer has a dead short in it. Since it does the exact same thing with every battery you try, it isn't the battery that is the problem.

Something is draining the battery to fast, usually a short, don't put a battery in the computer untill it's fixed.

Thanks all for your reply and advice. I am in contact with Huish Outdoor now and it looks like I need to send it back to Canada for service. It is yet to be determined.
I used to dive around 3-4 trips per year. I do not have enough time to have my Xeo repaired and returned for my coming trip commences in two weeks. So I am going to buy a Perdix. I do dive both recreational and tech as well.

Thanks all for your reply and advice. I am in contact with Huish Outdoor now and it looks like I need to send it back to Canada for service. It is yet to be determined.
I used to dive around 3-4 trips per year. I do not have enough time to have my Xeo repaired and returned for my coming trip commences in two weeks. So I am going to buy a Perdix. I do dive both recreational and tech as well.
you will not regret that decision as I also dive both tech & rec.-such a great computer and would go with AI model, can link to most transmitters and can upgrade anytime to VPM.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom