List of Perdix AI compatible transmitters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RainPilot

OC/CCR Instructor Trainer
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hey all.

I've been hunting high and low for some list of compatible transmitters. I know the Oceanic ones are compatible, what about the Tusa Zen? The Mares HD?

If anyone has some info on this then I can start to compile a list to put as a sticky in the relevant forum.

Thanks in advance!

Edited list so far:
Aqualung
Sherwood Amphos
Oceanic

Last edited:
The Sherwood Amphos Air is another (same as the Oceanic, AFAIK).

Pelagic Pressure Systems transmitter, FCC identifier MH8A, is used by Oceanic, Aeris, Hollis, Aqua Lung, Sherwood, Tusa, and Shearwater

upload_2017-6-5_14-36-43.png

upload_2017-6-5_14-48-4.png

...I've been hunting high and low for some list of compatible transmitters...

Hi Brendon,

As above, these are not just compatible transmitters, they are the same transmitter, manufactured by the same OEM, Pelagic Pressure Systems, now owned by Aqua Lung. Online prices do appear to vary, availability is sometimes an issue. They "permanently" link with the dive computer by entering their unique serial number.

Good diving, Craig

Thanks Craig!

I've actually already covered this in another post in the last day or so. And, I got this straight from the folks at Shearwater.

Shearwater gets their transmitters from the same folks that produce transmitters for Hollis, Aqua Lung, Oceanic and many others.

As guruboy pointed out, and as confirmed by Shearwater, any transmitter stamped with the FCC ID MH-8A is compatible with the Perdix AI. This includes the Sherwood Amphos Air (as pointed out by Hydrophilic) as the Amphos Air uses an MH-8A transmitter. The Amphos Air is what I'm diving right now but, I'd seriously consider the Perdix AI.

If you have any doubt whether a transmitter is compatible with the Perdix AI, simply inquire as to what the FCC ID number is.

Fletch

I've actually already covered this in another post in the last day or so. And, I got this straight from the folks at Shearwater.

Shearwater gets their transmitters from the same folks that produce transmitters for Hollis, Aqua Lung, Oceanic and many others.

As guruboy pointed out, and as confirmed by Shearwater, any transmitter stamped with the FCC ID MH-8A is compatible with the Perdix AI. This includes the Sherwood Amphos Air (as pointed out by Hydrophilic) as the Amphos Air uses an MH-8A transmitter. The Amphos Air is what I'm diving right now but, I'd seriously consider the Perdix AI.

If you have any doubt whether a transmitter is compatible with the Perdix AI, simply inquire as to what the FCC ID number is.

Fletch
It's been covered over and over again on SB since release of the Perdix AI, the information gets buried and folks don't see it, you too. See my post #136 from Nov 15, 2016, all the info I included above Shearwater Perdix AI

@Clark Fletcher I see this has been going on since well before you joined SB

Last edited:
They "permanently" link with the dive computer by entering their unique serial number.

Just to be clear, the transmitter doesn't link with anything, it simply transmits the data (broadcast) and doesn't know who/what is picking up the signal. It is the computer that "marries" itself to the transmitter and use the signal sent by the transmitter for its calculations. The transmitter doesn't know anything about this "one way" relationship and thus several wrist units/computers can marry themselves to the same transmitter and pick up the signal and do their respective calculations. In short, several computers, wrist units, can work with one and the same transmitter no issues.

Back
Top Bottom