Little Cayman Beach Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scaldwell

Contributor
Reaction score
Hopefully the chap who works at LCBR or any other kind souls can help with these questions.......

1. How tight is Cayman Airways on baggage weight from Grand Cayman to Little Cayman? I dont mind (would prefer not to, but...) paying excess charges but would prefer not to get separated from my gear?

2. How often do they go to Keith Tibbetts?

3. Is it ok to book night dives/ AOW certificate when I get there or should I do it in advance (going 1st week in Jan)

4. I take it there are no ATMs on the island! Should I figure to bring cash for expenses or are credit cards ok to use (can drinks etc be charged to one's room).

Thanks a lot!

1.We have been to LCBR 5 times, last year we flew Cayman Air instead of Island Air. Island Air charged us for excess baggage every time, Cayman Air did not charge us either way. I don't know if we got lucky or what but we did have excess weight. The gear may or may not be our your flight. Even when the gear showed up on the next flight, it never caused a problem (no missed dives).
2. Never been to the Keith Tibbets, there are so many other great dives sites around LC.
3. You should be able to book your night dives and AOW when you arrive.
4. Bring cash for tips, we always do. All dives, drinks and other items can be put on a CC.

Have a great time!

scaldwell:
Hopefully the chap who works at LCBR or any other kind souls can help with these questions.......

1. How tight is Cayman Airways on baggage weight from Grand Cayman to Little Cayman? I dont mind (would prefer not to, but...) paying excess charges but would prefer not to get separated from my gear?

2. How often do they go to Keith Tibbetts?

3. Is it ok to book night dives/ AOW certificate when I get there or should I do it in advance (going 1st week in Jan)

4. I take it there are no ATMs on the island! Should I figure to bring cash for expenses or are credit cards ok to use (can drinks etc be charged to one's room).

Thanks a lot!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom