Little Cayman Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doctorfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
My wife and I were at LCBR July 21-28 and had a great experience. We have been there a number of times previously so there were no surprises.

We stayed in a "pool View " room which was clean, up to date, and more than adequate.

The food this time around was quite good. There are multiple choices at every meal and the chef was able and willing to accommodate special needs and requests. Deserts remain high calorie but fresh fruit was available on request.

Diving. The resort was full so every boat had 18 divers, but the boats and either 42 or 46 ft with lots of deck space for everyone. Service was totally "valet" and our DMs Jon and Julie were outstanding in every way.

Even though the group was large we never felt crowded in the ocean. We were allowed to slip off the boat early and dive our own route and profile as long as back on the boat with the others. Dives were long, scheduled as 50/100, 60/60 and 69/60 but the group was frequently not back on board before 70 minutes. The DMs were fine with this as long as we recognized that the impact would be a shortened lunch break.

Visibility was excellent and we were able to dive Jacksons and Bloody Bay every day. All the usual critters were seen and highlights included squid squadrons, reef and nurse sharks, a pipefish and oodles of tame groupers.

Once again, Little Cayman Reef Resort provided an outstanding experience and it is not surprising there are so many repeat customers ( including us; ) Great diving, service, and value for money.

On the other hand, the airport on GC was a totally disorganized chaotic crowded zoo. They seem to have built a new airport which is already obsolescent.

Hard to beat LCBR for Caribbean diving.

We are leaving tomorrow for Cobalt Coast Resort on Grand Cayman. They guy who is the manager was at LCBR before he went to Grand Cayman. We'll be back at LCBR next August.

Oh yeah?? Kind of buried the lead... :):bounce::bounce::bounce:

Do I have you two down for that one? I don't have the list in front of me. Still got rooms.

Between the Solomons, Little Cayman, and Socorro......that's gonna be a heck of a year.

Do I have you two down for that one? I don't have the list in front of me. Still got rooms.

Between the Solomons, Little Cayman, and Socorro......that's gonna be a heck of a year.

Oh to have such problems. :facepalm:

If we pass the muster in GC prehaps you will share info on future trips with space available. Right now we have nothing planed past this trip.

Thanks for the report.
On the other hand, the airport on GC was a totally disorganized chaotic crowded zoo. They seem to have built a new airport which is already obsolescent.
You are confirming that traveling through on Saturdays is less than desirable. We stopped traveling to GCM on weekends and it is a much different experience (most of the time).

If we pass the muster in GC prehaps you will share info on future trips with space available. Right now we have nothing planed past this trip.

I'll share some info with you on Saturday. Little Cayman is about as good as it gets in the Caribbean.

AdivingBel and I will be watching you two closely. You happen to be on our boat!

Back
Top Bottom