Little Cayman Tec Dive Training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chrisso

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Good morning SB'rs!
In planning our next trip it seems like LC is exactly our speed. I would appreciate any referrals to an operator who could provide Tec 40 certifications for my wife and I and is side mount friendly.
TIA!
Mike

I am not aware of any tech dive operators on Little Cayman although others may have suggestions. Divetech on Grand Cayman has a good reputation for tech diving.

Here is the link to a recent thread about a SB member that joined a group doing deep dives off Cayman Brac, the other Cayman sister island, and they had to make special arrangements. I may be wrong, but I think that diving off the sister islands is mostly sport, recreational diving.
Cayman Brac Invasion

You might have better luck posting your question in the Tech Diving Specialties forum:
Technical Diving Specialties

Good luck!

Last edited:
Chrisso

Hey there, I work for Divetech on Grand Cayman (thanks Kathy for the plug). We teach PADI programs up to full trimix and have a very knwledgable sidemount instructor on staff. We would be more than happy to run you both through tec40.

Sorry, I personally do not know of anyone on Little Cayman.

Feel free to drop me a line if you'd like more info

Drew

No tech on LC. They provide good recreational diving and in all the years I have dived there, have not seen a side mount on the boat. Divetech teaches and services tech very well on GC and Buddy Dive on Bonaire has a pretty good tech program as well.

On LC, there is plenty to see within recreational limits. If your agenda is learning tech, wrong island. Looking at OP profile of 100-199 dives, might be a little too soon anyway. Drew would be better placed to address this issue.

I think in the Caymans there is a depth limit of something like 110'. I think the dive ops have to adhere to it.

The members of the Cayman Islands Watersports Association adhere to that limit for recreational divers. Tech operations like Divetech go much deeper with appropriate supervision and gear.

I'm pretty sure there's only two options on LC - Reef Divers at LCBR or Southern Cross. Should be to easy to figure out what they offer.

I can give a wholehearted recommendation to Drew (Scoobydrew) and Divetech. They are responsible for creating tech diving in Cayman and have several world class instructors. I've done lots of tech diving and some training with them--always a good experience. Their facebook and other sites give the full story.

But beyond the technical expertise, they're lots of fun to dive with. I value that greatly.

Back
Top Bottom