Live aboard COVID

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JeanniePC

New
Reaction score
Booked for a Nassau liveaboard in late Sept 2020. Paid deposit of $750. The rest $2250 comes due next month. Company vague on what’s happening. Something about booking can be pushed into the future. Would you pay out the rest and hope it will be honoured in the future if Sept not doable. Or walk away from deposit by not paying the balance. Grateful for any advice.

I have a trip booked on the Roatan Aggressor at the end of August, I just paid the last installment this week. I'm confident of them doing the right thing as they did for my cancelled Socorro trip in April. Without knowing more about who you're going with, it's hard to say what you should do, but I would expect things to be settling down by then.

Just made the final payment on the Juliet sailing out of Miami for Bimini & Bahamas 3rd week of July. I think I have better than 50/50 of it happening given it's a domestic flight & liveaboard. The Bahamas will still have to allow at least emergency entry or the boat won't sail...just in case...I think that's the weak link. We'll see...:idk: I've sailed on the Juliet before and have confidence they will take good care of me whatever the circumstances. Good luck with your trip. :)

Thx. Did they refund or promise something in the future?

Just made the final payment on the Juliet sailing out of Miami for Bimini & Bahamas 3rd week of July. I think I have better than 50/50 of it happening given it's a domestic flight & liveaboard. The Bahamas will still have to allow at least emergency entry or the boat won't sail...just in case...I think that's the weak link. We'll see...:idk: I've sailed on the Juliet before and have confidence they will take good care of me whatever the circumstances. Good luck with your trip. :)

We are very hopeful and optimistic we will be able to get to the Bahamas on this trip - the Prime Minister of the Bahamas announced last week they are planning to open up borders July 1, but that was all the detail we were provided. Where we clear in at Cat Cay there has been only one confirmed case so we hope to be able to enter at that port when the time comes. We have a back-up plan if that falls through and yes, we promise to take good care of you no matter what.

We are very hopeful and optimistic we will be able to get to the Bahamas on this trip - the Prime Minister of the Bahamas announced last week they are planning to open up borders July 1, but that was all the detail we were provided. Where we clear in at Cat Cay there has been only one confirmed case so we hope to be able to enter at that port when the time comes. We have a back-up plan if that falls through and yes, we promise to take good care of you no matter what.
I would absolutely trust the good folks at Juliet with my money.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom