Live Long and Prosper Blog Article Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I finally found the information that I was looking for in a web article
VO2max Test Protocols ~ TRISTUPE.COM
The photos in the article show a subject doing the test; the treadmill looks nothing like anything I saw when researching to purchase mine. The key for me was the description of the test that had a chart to show that the effort increased in 3 minute intervals ; if you are OK on each level you move on until you A) finish the test or B) can't continue.
Bruce.jpg

This was the chart that gave me my "Ah Ha!" moment. The subject in the article was being tested to determine fitness levels for his triathlon training. He stopped at 16:59 into the test on level 6! If I choose to try it I can get to level 4 on my machine and that equates to 13 METS, or the original SDI/TDI blog definition of fit to dive.

Greetings, all

I did a quick survey online and found a piece of info that addresses the limitation the OP mentioned.

Dive safe!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 19.24.57.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 19.24.57.png
    82.2 KB · Views: 83
Regarding fitness trackers, Garmin MK2 (I have the MK1) is a dandy dive watch and fitness tracker. The MK2 I believe does oximetry, the MK1 monitors heart rate as well as sleep. The MK2 has integrated air. Cool part both have gps and track entry/exit points as well as time, dept, temp, etc. I use it to track workouts, steps, and other physical activity (kayak) as well as divin. It is a bit pricey though...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom