liveaboard.com Can I trust them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've booked trips through liveaboard.com and have had no issues with them. The website is well set out and useful to compare trips. Probably what I've found best about them though is they don't charge credit card fees. Many operators charge credit card fees if you book with them directly so it works out cheaper to book through liveaboard.com. (?maybe something for individual operators to consider....)

I’ve booked through Liveaboard.com and did not have any issues. In fact, I was traveling to Indonesia around the time that Mt Agung in Bali was grumbling about and they were proactive in reaching out to me.

I also booked with Diviac, who I actually prefer more due to the layout of their website, especially post-deposit and booking. Also, their credit card processing. The big difference here is liveaboard.com charges to my card don’t run as travel whereas Diviac.com does and that gets me 3X points. :)

I’ve booked through Liveaboard.com and did not have any issues. In fact, I was traveling to Indonesia around the time that Mt Agung in Bali was grumbling about and they were proactive in reaching out to me.

I also booked with Diviac, who I actually prefer more due to the layout of their website, especially post-deposit and booking. Also, their credit card processing. The big difference here is liveaboard.com charges to my card don’t run as travel whereas Diviac.com does and that gets me 3X points. :)
I just booked yesterday with Diviac for a Belize Aggressor trip next April. I got a 34% discount over the published price on the Aggressor website due to a special that Diviac is offering. The entire process has been flawless so far and the communication and follow up outstanding.

I just booked yesterday with Diviac for a Belize Aggressor trip next April. I got a 34% discount over the published price on the Aggressor website due to a special that Diviac is offering. The entire process has been flawless so far and the communication and follow up outstanding.

Awesome! I was so tempted by the sale but I am already going somewhere for 3 weeks in mid April. Work has me on lockdown until early March and I flirted with the idea of a LOB in mid March but thought work would have a heart attack. I’m still looking for ideas for Sept or Oct. Haha. I’m glad you could take advantage!

Awesome! I was so tempted by the sale but I am already going somewhere for 3 weeks in mid April. Work has me on lockdown until early March and I flirted with the idea of a LOB in mid March but thought work would have a heart attack. I’m still looking for ideas for Sept or Oct. Haha. I’m glad you could take advantage!

I’ll be in Cocos in Sept. Come & join me :)

I’ll be in Cocos in Sept. Come & join me :)
Where is the emoji with the money flying away when I need it? :wink: I need something a little more economical for that time....and maybe something with warmer water. I iz a whimp.

I think those are the two things that are off putting for Galapagos and Cocos. Price and temperature! I HATE hoods............

Where is the emoji with the money flying away when I need it? :wink: I need something a little more economical for that time....and maybe something with warmer water. I iz a whimp.

I think those are the two things that are off putting for Galapagos and Cocos. Price and temperature! I HATE hoods............
Looks like I am doing Kona in September - I don't expect to have to wear a hood or gloves that time of year. Probably a 5mm at the worst. Mantas, Black Water diving and great times in Hawaii - something to consider? ... You are not that big of a wimp! I have seen you diving in the Channel Islands with Truth Aquatics in November. No worries at all. :wink:

Last edited:
Looks like I am doing Kona in September - I don't expect to have to wear a hood or gloves that time of year. Probably a 5mm at the worst. Mantas, Black Water diving and great times in Hawaii - something to consider? ... You are not that big of a wimp! I have seen you diving in the Channel Islands with Truth Aquatics in November. No worries at all. :wink:

Touché. Actually, the water in Channel isn’t as bad as the water in Carmel/Monterey. Brrrr! I have a confession.....I’ve been spoiled by fancy liveaboards. :D

Hi all,

Liveaboard.com here! Absolutely you can trust us and thanks for the positive review @judyo1 - great to hear that.

You might want to check out the best places to dive in September @outofofficebrb. There are some beautiful destinations to choose from despite it being the transition season and Indonesia, in particular, has a number of liveaboards to chose from.

You can also search by month on our homepage when looking for ideas.

Happy dive planning!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom