liveaboard.com Can I trust them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did a trip I booked with Liveaboard.com over New Year 2018. I booked a single cabin, which I later found out did not exist on the boat! I ended up sharing a cabin with another person who also had booked a single cabin! The captain and manager showed me the email where Liveaboard.com asked for a single cabin on my behalf and the reply where he explained that no single cabins were available. They did not inform me about this; they just confirmed my booking for a single cabin and accepted my payment! The captain also told me that the week before, from 23 to 30 December 2017 six people arrived, who all had booked single cabins through liveaboard.com! I wanted a compensation from Liveaboard.com. They offered me a compensation of 50 Euro, which is ridicules! This was my fourth or fifth trip I bought through Liveaboard.com. Never again!

I did a trip I booked with Liveaboard.com over New Year 2018. I booked a single cabin, which I later found out did not exist on the boat! I ended up sharing a cabin with another person who also had booked a single cabin! The captain and manager showed me the email where Liveaboard.com asked for a single cabin on my behalf and the reply where he explained that no single cabins were available. They did not inform me about this; they just confirmed my booking for a single cabin and accepted my payment! The captain also told me that the week before, from 23 to 30 December 2017 six people arrived, who all had booked single cabins through liveaboard.com! I wanted a compensation from Liveaboard.com. They offered me a compensation of 50 Euro, which is ridicules! This was my fourth or fifth trip I bought through Liveaboard.com. Never again!

That’s a classic bait and switch. I’d like to hear their response. If that happened to me I’d be livid.

Wow, what a bummer. That was a significant lapse in communication.... @LiveaboardCom

That sux! Did you at least meet your significant other?

I was also looking at booking through them, but this post got me thinking. Not so much from a post, but from a lack of a reply. I see a lot of operators quick to reply to good things said about them, but when SHTF, utter silence. @LiveaboardCom , care to elaborate?
Edited to add: to deter from "we weren't online for a long time", Liveaboardcom was here at Wednesday 7:44PM

Hi there,

Absolutely I can respond, happy to do so. We took that complaint very seriously at the time it was received, and a full investigation was also conducted with the company directors after the initial compensation had been issued. We wanted to resolve it more fully with the customer given the circumstances and error. Unfortunately we received no response from the customer despite multiple attempts to reach them.

In terms of responding on here - I don't know why the tag on our account didn't show up as an Alert in January when someone asked us to comment. I see we weren't tagged in the original post but we were in someone's else's comment. Had it shown up, I would absolutely have replied as soon as I saw it. We're here to help and also recognise when mistakes have been made and need rectifying.

A lack of response is certainly not acceptable and that was a genuine mistake.

Thanks,

Kathryn

Thanks, this changes situation somewhat. I will probably complete my Red Sea booking through you, with some direct communication with preferred boat.
Thanks again.

Thanks, this changes situation somewhat. I will probably complete my Red Sea booking through you, with some direct communication with preferred boat.
Thanks again.

Hi there,

I'm glad my response helped. I think honesty is really important when it comes to owning errors and finding the right way forward. I'm sorry I didn't see the comment in January and wasn't able to address concerns sooner.

If I can be of any help at all, please don't hesitate to ask on here or in a message. I'm online most days.

Also, enjoy planning your Red Sea trip - I used to live in Egypt and loved the diving there. In case this is useful, I'm just about to post a special offer with the Red Sea Aggressor as we've got a number of their departures with $1130+ off in 2019.

Thanks,

Kathryn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom