Liveaboard dive boats based in Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt Scotty

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Here is a list of some of the Liveaboards that are located in Florida. I’m sure there are more. They are in no particular order other than I tried to list them alphabetically. Anyone know about ones that I missed?

Dolphin Dream
Home Port: West Palm Beach
Bahamas
Dolphin Swim and Swim With Dolphin in the Wild.

Easy Goin
Home Port: Fort Lauderdale
(Website not working?)

Juliet
Home Port: Miami
Bahamas, Keys
Liveaboard Diving Vacations - Juliet Sailing and Diving

Kate
Home Port: Key Largo
Florida Keys, Bahamas
Blue Iguana Charters | Florida Liveaboard Dive Charters | Call Us at 561-797-2540

Playmate
Home Port: Key West
Tortugas
Custom Charter Company Lower Florida Keys - SeaClusive

Sheerwater
Home Port: West Palm Beach
Bahamas
Bahamas & Palm Beach, Florida Scuba Diving :: Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures

Spree
Florida Keys, Tortugas, Gulf Mexico
Spree Expeditions

Tiburon

Research Vessel Tiburon

Ultimate Getaway
Home Port: Fort Myers Beach
Tortugas
Dry Tortugas Scuba Diving liveaboard, The Ultimate Getaway. Scuba Dive the Dry Tortugas out of Ft. Myers Florida.

Thanks for the list. Here is an update. The Easy Goin was sold to www.bennettdivecharter.com July 2012. She has been re-named
The Samantha Marie. She has been in dry dock in Stuart, FL since July 2012 undergoing a complete renovation. Renovations include:
1. Engine Overhauls (2 Detroit 1271's)
2. All new electronics.
3. Brand new steel bottom.
4. New Paint.
etc.
All in all she has undergone $200,000.00 of upgrades and improvements.

Her new home will be Panama City Beach, FL. Expected operational date is May 2013. We will begin booking live aboard dive charters
June 2013.

Thanks
Tim

Thanks for the list. Here is an update. The Easy Goin was sold to www.bennettdivecharter.com July 2012. She has been re-named
The Samantha Marie. She has been in dry dock in Stuart, FL since July 2012 undergoing a complete renovation. Renovations include:
1. Engine Overhauls (2 Detroit 1271's)
2. All new electronics.
3. Brand new steel bottom.
4. New Paint.
etc.
All in all she has undergone $200,000.00 of upgrades and improvements.

Her new home will be Panama City Beach, FL. Expected operational date is May 2013. We will begin booking live aboard dive charters
June 2013.

Thanks
Tim

Sweet. Good luck. Will you be set up for liveaboard tech? I would love to run a tech charter not on my own boat. That way I can dive too. I'd love to get on the Ozark.....

Thanks for this... I'm looking to do a week-long liveaboard in May or June of next year, and I'm exploring my options now...

Just jumped on a Juliet trip. Friends from our Bonaire trips were booked, and an opening appeared this week.

Thanks all.

Others I know are looking for FL based trips, so any additions to this list will be welcome.

Juliet seems to be it.

Ultimate Getaway is somewhere in the Great Lakes doing something or more likely nothing.

Playmate is in Jacksonville sitting in Palm Cove Marina, doesn’t appear to be running.

Spree is in Cuba

The OP’s boat (RV Kate) will likely not run again, shut down for Coast Guard deficiencies.

Maybe Dolphin Dream will make a season out of Dolphin watching? I hear that Bahamas won’t open now until July for Liveaboards.

Jimmy Abernathy’s shark boat? Maybe? Season is over...

Back
Top Bottom