Liveaboard diving in Palau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where2Next

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
For liveaboards in Palau I found the two ocean hunter boats, aggressor, dancer, solitude. Are there any others? Anyone know what the difference between a 7 night and 10 night cruise is? Do they go to Yap on the 10 night cruises? Do any boats hit both Yap and Palau? Thanks for any info you can provide.

Thanks for the info on the Siren. It does look like there are no combo boats.

Hi! As Scubagolf said earlier there is no liveaboard in Palau that does a Palau-Yap combo trip. They all stay in the area. There is not much difference between a 7 and a 10 night cruise. The itinerary is pretty much the same. The only thing is that on a 10 night you have the possibility to repeat the dives that you enjoyed the most! :)
Just to let you know, all the itineraries in Palau stay around Ulong-Ngemelis-Peleliu areas. The reason why? because this is where the best and more exceptional dive sites are! such as Blue Corner, German Channel, New Drop Off, Ulong Channel, Peleliu, Blue Holes etc :) I personally lived in Palau for 2 years and did some dives in non-famous dive sites and there was nothing to see....
I hope I have been helpful!
Leticia

<<never went to Peleliu>> ??!! That would be bad news, as you would miss out on some more good drift dives but also the land tour of Peleliu which was a major battle area during WWII.

We did a shop trip on the Palau Aggressor and had a great time, lots of great diving. The 10 day trips are harder to find, so we booked our own charter!

It gave a lot more flexibility and we went back to some areas at different times.

Our TR is here: Palau: Photography in Paradise

11201401574_acdd4cb8b4_gol7-xa.jpg

I am just seeing all these replies, thank you! We decided on the Solitude-One for next spring. Even convinced the LDS to book it, so a private charter as well! We decided to fly to Guam and Yap prior to coming to Palau. Jack - loved your recent Palau Jelly Fish Picture on https://www.facebook.com/groups/Immersion.photos/ :)

Back
Top Bottom