Liveaboard MV Ambai Raja Ampat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frecor55

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Raja Ampat has a well deserved reputation as a diving paradise. Very healthy reefs and plenty to see .

Went on the MV Ambai for a diving cruise to Raja Ampat from 31 March to 11 April 2018.

Fantastic memories of very nice dives with experienced dive guides. Liina and her team were very professional, attentive and very friendly.

In addition, they organise excursions on land and one evening a BBQ on the beach.

The MV Ambai is a very well designed boat for diving. Can accommodate 16 divers. Comfortable cabins with spacious showers delivering warm water with more than enough pressure, nice relaxing space on the deck and a dining room with 4 tables.

Big area at the back foreseen for the tanks so that each diver is comfortable preparing before each dive. Also a camera room with many international electricity plugs.

We opted for the 11 days cruise, departing from Sorong, visiting Misool, central Raja Ampat, the Dampier Strait and North Raja Ampat up to Wayag.

The crew chose very well the diving sites and favoured the best ones. To name a few : Boo Windows, Melissa’s Garden, Cape Kri, Blue Magic, Manta Sandy, Arborek, …etc. There was a very good balance between sites more suitable for macro and sites good for wide angle.

The food was definitely above average for a liveaboard, cleverly mixing Western and Asian cuisine + they have a coffee machine delivering excellent coffee (which is important for some divers).

I recommend the MV Ambai to divers who want to see Raja Ampat. I may bring my family and friends back for a second time.

Thanks for the review. Looking for options for our LDS trip and this sounds good. Amazing that many LOBs are filling up fast for 2020.

Rob

I'm glad you had a good time.Thanks for the review. I just booked this for 2020....my 3rd return to Raja Ampat. :)

Raja Ampat has a well deserved reputation as a diving paradise. Very healthy reefs and plenty to see .

Went on the MV Ambai for a diving cruise to Raja Ampat from 31 March to 11 April 2018.

Fantastic memories of very nice dives with experienced dive guides. Liina and her team were very professional, attentive and very friendly.

In addition, they organise excursions on land and one evening a BBQ on the beach.

The MV Ambai is a very well designed boat for diving. Can accommodate 16 divers. Comfortable cabins with spacious showers delivering warm water with more than enough pressure, nice relaxing space on the deck and a dining room with 4 tables.

Big area at the back foreseen for the tanks so that each diver is comfortable preparing before each dive. Also a camera room with many international electricity plugs.

We opted for the 11 days cruise, departing from Sorong, visiting Misool, central Raja Ampat, the Dampier Strait and North Raja Ampat up to Wayag.

The crew chose very well the diving sites and favoured the best ones. To name a few : Boo Windows, Melissa’s Garden, Cape Kri, Blue Magic, Manta Sandy, Arborek, …etc. There was a very good balance between sites more suitable for macro and sites good for wide angle.

The food was definitely above average for a liveaboard, cleverly mixing Western and Asian cuisine + they have a coffee machine delivering excellent coffee (which is important for some divers).

I recommend the MV Ambai to divers who want to see Raja Ampat. I may bring my family and friends back for a second time.

Sounds very good! Unfortunately we have very different experiences in this serious times:

Extremely disappointed with Wallacea Dive Cruises (MV Ambai, MV Seahorse): Operator cancelled our half-charter Raja Ampat booking for 1-12 April 2020 due to Covid-19 marine park closure end of March 2020. No proactive approach, no refund, charges 20% penalty for reschedule. Voucher non-transferrable (very problematic for a group of eight people) and cannot be rescheduled. Valid until 15 Sep 2021 but only for „as long as the company is able to financially honor it“. Cannot recommend any further business dealings with Wallacea Dive Cruises unless this policy is changed. Other operators do 100% reschedules no problem.

Back
Top Bottom