Liveaboard nightdives question.

On liveaboard I would or I do prefer:

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This may not really help you out but I prefer my night dive in the early morning hours. Say an hour before sunrise. Many benefits, including not interfering with dinner or happy hour and works up an appetite for breakfast. :)

This may not really help you out but I prefer my night dive in the early morning hours. Say an hour before sunrise. Many benefits, including not interfering with dinner or happy hour and works up an appetite for breakfast. :)
I was on the Cayman Aggressor V last November. We did 4 night dives, Tibbetts, Meadows, Kittiwake, and Oro Verde. The best dive was the one on the Oro Verde. We started in the pitch black at 6 AM and finished during the sunrise. It was a beautiful dive on both ends

I wouldn't want to dive immediately after a meal or feel rushed at dinner (and not get to have a glass of wine or beer). Thankfully, the three liveaboards I have done all scheduled the night dive before dinner. If I were on a boat that scheduled the night dive after dinner, being a cynical person, I might get the impression the boat wouldn't be displeased if fewer people chose to do the night dive. Conversely, a boat that schedules the night dive before dinner gives me the impression the crew enthusiastically supports the night dive.

I prefer to dive first then dine or happy hour,but To look at it from a different perspective, the kitchen staff usually is the same staff making breakfast and are working at 5:30-6:00 am. It makes for a very long day for that staff to serve dinner at 20:00 and then have to clean up the kitchen afterwards.

I was on the Cayman Aggressor V last November. We did 4 night dives, Tibbetts, Meadows, Kittiwake, and Oro Verde. The best dive was the one on the Oro Verde. We started in the pitch black at 6 AM and finished during the sunrise. It was a beautiful dive on both ends

I shall be most certainly requesting this....

Never even thought of dinner before night dive.

All the LOB we’ve been on has done night dive before dinner: Egypt (x2), Sudan, Maldives, R4 and UAE/Oman weekend trips.

I've seen it done both ways. I suppose I prefer dive first even though it makes dinner kind of late. If dinner is first, the desire to crash for the evening often overtakes my desire to night dive.

Same. Plus, I like being able to relax at dinner after having showered. When food coma takes over and I can head to bed without feeling guilty. Additionally, I know others like to have wine/beer with dinner and having dinner after the night dive allows for that if you wanted to participate in all the dives each day.

Most of the boats that I've been on have night divers in the water whilst the rest of us eat dinner and after the night dive those divers eat.

+ One for early morning dawn dives. I absolutely love watching the reef come to life and wake up.

Back
Top Bottom