Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All Star Liveaboards

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Bahamas, BVI, Cuba, Indonesia, Philippines
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Here's a link to our blog post for a great packing list for your next liveaboard trip!

The Ultimate Liveaboard Packing List - All Star Liveaboards

It's got everything you need to have a great time at sea - without worrying that you've forgotten something important.

Is there anything you like to bring on liveaboard trips that we didn't include? Let us know!

And be sure to check out our other blog posts for useful diving and travel information, plus lots of recounts of exciting experiences from All Star Liveaboards trips!

This is a great list! I found the one on the Blackbeards website very helpful before I went on it.

May I suggest changing "clothes pegs" to spring loaded clips that fit on the railings? My buddy and I brought lots due to advice on this board. There were a few on the liveaboard, but all 15 of ours were in use all the time because other divers didn't realize and kept using ours, so we kept taking out more. It wasn't an issue (except there still weren't enough for everyone), but it would be very useful on your list. :)

Some places have no-see-ems (sandflies), and wearing clothing as a screen or having neoprene-safe insect repellent (like with Picaridin rather than Deet) was very helpful for some shore excursions.

You mention 'decongestants.' I agree, but I specify long-acting (12 or 24-hour Sudafed), not short acting that might wear off during a dive, or types that may lose effectiveness soon and be 'habit forming' (I'm told some nasal sprays can do this). I also take Flonase.

'Other meds you may need' - I take pill versions of the active ingredients in Pepto-Bismol and Imodium. And Tums. Triple Antibiotic ointment can be quite useful. I also take over the counter 'ear drops,' the Equate brand from Walmart, and shoot some in my ears every few dives to stop swimmer's ear before it starts.

Baby wipes or even bath/shower wipes can be a quick way to freshen up.

Cholula, Tabasco or whatever hot sauce you like. I don't believe they had either of those on the Morning Star when we went (they may have had Frank's). Some of us love our hot sauces - for me, Cholula for eggs and Mexican food (also Valentina's Extra Hot), and Tabasco for seafood. YMMV

This is a great list! I found the one on the Blackbeards website very helpful before I went on it.

May I suggest changing "clothes pegs" to spring loaded clips that fit on the railings? My buddy and I brought lots due to advice on this board. There were a few on the liveaboard, but all 15 of ours were in use all the time because other divers didn't realize and kept using ours, so we kept taking out more. It wasn't an issue (except there still weren't enough for everyone), but it would be very useful on your list. :)

Some places have no-see-ems (sandflies), and wearing clothing as a screen or having neoprene-safe insect repellent (like with Picaridin rather than Deet) was very helpful for some shore excursions.

Oh yes, these are the ticket!
Screenshot_20210605-034425_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Cigarettes!

Even if you don't smoke, they make for a great barter:D

BTW, Mods, this thread should be a sticky since it would help new liveaboard divers across the board, and be a good reminder even for seasoned liveaboard divers. :)

IMHO, a mesh "boat dive bag" is a good idea to bring.

The last time I was on the Aquacat (an All Star boat), we were told to unpack our dive gear and then take our luggage to the cabin to unpack the rest of our stuff. I had pretty much all of my dive gear in a mess boat bag so I just pulled it out of my roller duffel and headed to my room where I finished unpacking. Then I went out on to the dive deck & unpacked my mesh bag and put my gear into my bin. By the time the crew came to pick up my roller duffel, all that was in it was the mesh gear bag.

A mesh gear bag also adds an extra layer of protection for my gear while in the cargo hold of the airplane.

A few fabric band-aids and Neosporin for the inevitable cut that just won't heal because you keep getting wet.

Vacuum seal bags for your clothes you just rollup to get the air out. I just add my clothes to my dive bag in those bags.

Use a nylon skin that has the stirrups so it stays on your foot. Easy to put on, then your suit is easy to get on and off as well as your dive boots, and no rub on the achilles from the stitches in the back of the boot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom