Liveaboard Phuket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tribalshark,

Yes, there are many (some would say too many) liveaboards operating from Phuket. To recommend one boat is very hard. It all depends how much you want to spend, what facilities you are looking for, how many days you want to dive and if you like cockroaches or not.

Some of the older boats are still OK, but there has been an explosion of new boats in the last few years. Impossible to describe all boats, so you'll need to do some surfing...

If you have an idea of price, destination and comfort levels, then I can make recommendations..

Best Wishes and happy diving

Diving in Phuket

I agree with Sunrise... there are sooo many based in Phuket. It also depends on what you want to do. Photography? Then you need a boat with water tanks for camera (not all have!) and some space to set it up... Check the boat layout or ask the shop directly - or us at this board. Some boats provide courses of which you only need to pay the registration fee. I took my Rescue Course with scandinavian-divers.com so I 'earned back' some money for that trip. Do you like sailing? Then you can combine diving with sailing... I am going there on two liveaboards over Xmas & New Year! :)

I was hoping to receive some feedback on LOB that you have been. Perhaps on MV Witch , Kingfisher , Catchup , Seafearer...or of similar range.
Resonably priced and comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom