Liveaboard Recommendation.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverTimOH

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for a Sept/Oct 2020 one week liveaboard that can accommodate 5 couples with each in own stateroom and beds both partners can sleep in. Cost isn’t a huge factor. Want to stay in the Caribbean. Any suggestions?

Looking for a Sept/Oct 2020 one week liveaboard that can accommodate 5 couples with each in own stateroom and beds both partners can sleep in. Cost isn’t a huge factor. Want to stay in the Caribbean. Any suggestions?
That is the low season/hurricane season, so you should be able to find a good deal. The Belize Aggressor IV has room and bed configuration options that meet your desires. The September 5-12 dates are currently discounted. With 5 couples, you will want to book whatever you end up doing sooner, rather than later. The Cayman Aggressor V has bed configurations to accommodate 4 couples on the discounted October 31st trip. One couple would have to be in side by side twins.
The Explorer Ventures boats do not have bed configurations that you desire, nor do the other Aggressor boats plying the Caribbean. Apart from those I have listed above, there are numerous boats doing the Bahamas, but I am unfamiliar with them.

You may wish to consider the options here: https://bit.ly/2lVOwC9

Personally, I would investigate either the Explorer Ventures boat in the Turks and Caicos
or an Aggressor boat out of Belize.

Explorer Ventures Adventures in Liveaboard Diving

Belize Liveaboard Scuba Diving in Caribbean | Aggressor Adventures

The Explorer Boat that does St. Martin/Saba/St. Kitts may be a bit spartan for some of your party.
Limiting factor is that they are 5 couples and want to be in rooms with beds that each couple can sleep together in. Tough to find.

Seconded or thirded for Belize Aggressor IV. You will have a great time.

Just a comment, some of the so-called large beds for 2 people that I've encountered on LOBs are pretty small and often one side is up against the wall. You may be crammed in and will need to climb over the other person just to get in and out of bed - and there is no place to hide if snoring is a factor!

There are some large staterooms on boats with queen or king size beds (and with space on both sides) that will comfortably accommodate a couple - but there is usually only one or two of these cabins on a boat - at least that has been my experience.

A cabin with a double bunk on the bottom and a single bunk above it - may give you more comfort options - if one partner doesn't mind sleeping on the top bunk. My biggest issues with LOBs are that I want a comfortable place to sleep, an ensuite bathroom and shower, a cabin with a door that shuts, and air conditioning - and good diving is also important!

The new Cayman Aggressor advertises several larger suites with King Beds and with easy access space, see the pictures below, so it may be a good choice for your group in the Caribbean: http://www.aggressor.com/caymanyacht.php

Keep in mind that Sept and Oct is the peak of the storm season in the Caribbean and that the Cayman Aggressor will not cross to the Sister Islands during rough weather - so you might only be diving Grand Cayman.

When we did the Cayman Aggressor trip on the older, smaller boat. We went in October and we had perfect weather and we spent most of our time off of Little Cayman - but the very next week the weather turned bad and they stayed around GC.

There's no guarantee about the weather no matter when you travel, just be aware that it may be an even bigger factor during the fall in the Caribbean - so buy trip insurance.

I know that you want to book your trips soon, but keep in mind that many of the LOB vendors offer specials after the New Year as they prepare for the next round of dive vendor shows!

Limiting factor is that they are 5 couples and want to be in rooms with beds that each couple can sleep together in. Tough to find.
Not available, or just not the right layout? Lots of cabins with side by side twins can be reconfigured into one bed. Sometimes bunks are single over double, not as desirable but passable, and the top bunk is handy for storage. The T&C Explorer, for one, seems to have enough availability in that timeframe. Also Roatan Aggressor.

Aquacat certainly has the beds, but as usual is booked way out.

Not available, or just not the right layout? Lots of cabins with side by side twins can be reconfigured into one bed. Sometimes bunks are single over double, not as desirable but passable, and the top bunk is handy for storage. The T&C Explorer, for one, seems to have enough availability in that timeframe. Also Roatan Aggressor.

Aquacat certainly has the beds, but as usual is booked way out.
I think it is the way that I am interpreting the OP's stated desire. I am interpreting it as what you would find in a typical master stateroom- Queen size bed or close to it and 5 of them on the same boat. Will see what they have to say upon return.

Aqua Cat has a few weeks available with 5 cabins in September & October of 2020. Dates available are September 12-19, October 3-10 and October 31-November 7. There are 4 king cabins (cabin #5-8) and 2 cabins with a queen and a twin (#9 & 10).

P9210020.JPG P9210024.JPG P9210071.JPG

Some of the most spacious cabins with large ocean view windows and ample storage. Up to 26 dives, daily shore excursions, kayaks, paddle boards and other water toys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom