Liveaboard single room auction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GirlonFire

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The boat I am going to be on had a cancellation and the option for a solo room is up for grabs via an auction.
If the cost of the LOB was about $2k what would a reasonable bid be?
I know it’s all speculation but I’m just curious what would you be willing to pay?

I see you are in the US. Some of the countries say they are open or will open, but you have to get a covid PCR test- the Rapid antigen test will not be sufficient for some countries. Where I live, the wait is 7-10 days for the PCR test so there is no way for me to meet the requirements of having a PCR test- done in a lab- for a window of 5 or even 10 days.

So before you bid, I would look at the tourism web site for that country and read carefully for their covid-19 protocols and what they require.

I would also see how much the airfare will be. There are not a lot of options here but maybe they are better where you are but some of the airfares here really jumped up.

Otherwise- good luck!

OP is going on the trip already, this is paying extra to get a private room it sounds like

it really comes down to who you might end up having to room with. i've had a whole range from clean and quiet to horrible snorers where I had to wear earplugs every night to sleep to the european guy who thought rinses in the deck shower after dives was enough bathing for the week.

The boat I am going to be on had a cancellation and the option for a solo room is up for grabs via an auction.
If the cost of the LOB was about $2k what would a reasonable bid be?
I know it’s all speculation but I’m just curious what would you be willing to pay?
The max should be no more than the single supplement would have cost...imo.

Does winning a private room mean whoever you were going to room with will now also have a private room?

Does winning a private room mean whoever you were going to room with will now also have a private room?
I believe they reshuffle the assignments.
That was my thought at first.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom