Liveboard in Oct ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Corleone

Contributor
Reaction score
I live in the UAE, been thinking about doing a liveboard for a while and since i have no experince i would like to get some help..

are there any travel agencies in the UAE where people can go and arrange things?

in Oct there will be the Eid holiday, combined with weekends, it might come up to around 7 - 8 days!! any advise where to go to? any place with some caves!! maybe i could take a course as well ?

i google some liveboard but not many useful results came back.

thankx in advance and by the way im going alone

It's simple enough to arrange liveaboards on the web Corleone, the Maldives & Red Sea is only a short flight for you. Taking courses on liveaboards is also easily arranged. Going alone is not an issue. If you want some choices and information just click on the destination links in my signature.

I live in the UAE, been thinking about doing a liveboard for a while and since i have no experince i would like to get some help..

are there any travel agencies in the UAE where people can go and arrange things?

in Oct there will be the Eid holiday, combined with weekends, it might come up to around 7 - 8 days!! any advise where to go to? any place with some caves!! maybe i could take a course as well ?

i google some liveboard but not many useful results came back.

thankx in advance and by the way im going alone

Travel Agents in UAE with knowledge of liveaboards :rofl3:

So I am going to assume you mean a liveaboard around the UAE

There may be some overnight dhow trips up to Musandam, but that is your lot

Travel Agents in UAE with knowledge of liveaboards :rofl3:

So I am going to assume you mean a liveaboard around the UAE

There may be some overnight dhow trips up to Musandam, but that is your lot

Searcaigh, i see you recommed Jeddah to a lot of people. i don't mind going there, but is it a liveboard or 2 tanks boat rides?

who do i need to talk to ?

when i travel, i always buy airline tickets, hotel reservation, rental cars, tickets to activities, all online while setting in home but with diving, i don't know whos the top dogs of the game, if you know what i mean !!

where is the nearest place where i can do some cave diving?

Jeddah is mainly shore diving, boat dives (3 tanks) can be booked for Fridays through Desert Sea Divers.

There was a liveaboard operating at one point but I don't know if it still is. I trust you are aware of the visa restrictions for Saudi.

As for caves in the Middle East, there was a sink hole type thing in Oman that some of my friends dived in around 15 years ago, not sure if it is still accessible

Jeddah is mainly shore diving, boat dives (3 tanks) can be booked for Fridays through Desert Sea Divers.

There was a liveaboard operating at one point but I don't know if it still is. I trust you are aware of the visa restrictions for Saudi.

As for caves in the Middle East, there was a sink hole type thing in Oman that some of my friends dived in around 15 years ago, not sure if it is still accessible

The sinkhole on the Muscat-Sur highway was still accessible in March. It's in a lovely park next to the highway, paved walkways, and a nice concrete stairway down to the water level. There is no nearby LDS, you'll need to bring all your own kit. It's a bit of a walk from the parking lot to the bottom of the hole with your kit. The cave has been explored and there was some line there, but I don't know how permanent it is. Best to be prepared to lay your own line.

There is a small beach inside the sinkhole. You can't leave anything on the beach unguarded as the tourists may wander off with it. You will also want to plan a SI before you exit the sinkhole up the stairs if you are anywhere close to the NDL or have completed a deco obligation. Hauling your all kit up those stairs is not for the weak or the faint hearted, and may be enough exertion to accelerate off gassing beyond a safe rate.

Did you ever dive it Abdullah?

My friends told me the top layer was fresh(ish) then a layer of mixed stuff with almost zero visibility then into salt water.

Did you ever dive it Abdullah?

My friends told me the top layer was fresh(ish) then a layer of mixed stuff with almost zero visibility then into salt water.

I dove it once in late winter. At about 8 meters we encountered a sulfurous layer and visibility dropped dramatically to about half a meter or so. We never got out of that ugly layer before we turned the dive.

i can go to Saudia anytime i want, i got the visa and everything else..

when i was new to scuba i used to watch a lot of youtube, once i got into a channel with lots of liveaboard and it seems like there is a huge scuba diving community over there. the boats on those clips are, to my standards and after doing a huge search on the web, i can say they are luxurious.

the thing about saudia is, who to talk to if you want to go there ? seems like the scuba community is off the internet

i do shore dives all the time, im looking for something new and different...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom