Living costs on Roatan and Utila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jon Brad

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all,

I am considering doing my PADI IDC and an Instructor internship towards the end of this year.

I have a short list made, and a couple places in Honduras are on it.

Could anyone give me the costs of rent, food, drink, transportation and other necessities please?

Cheers
JB

I'm pretty sure that UDC (Utila Dive Center) offers packages for their IDC training that include accommodation. Utila town is walkable, so no transport costs. If you rent a room or share a cheap apartment with another student in Utila town expect to pay $400 - 600 a month. food at the supermarket is similar to a small local shop in North America but not cheap like from a big box store. Restaurants and bars on Utila cater to dive trainees and back packers (the majority of visitors to Utila), so they always have inexpensive food options (you could eat breakfast, lunch and dinner for $20), many dive shops offer cheap meals and every bar has drink specials, happy hours etc etc.
I highly recommend doing your training at UDC, they have a world wide reputation in the dive industry for producing great instructors. I did my dive master with them and wouldn't even consider anyone else if I ever decided to do my IDC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom