Living in Asia on $2500.00USD Per Month

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quarrior

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm doing some long term planning and considering moving to either Phillipines or Thailand, or somewhere else in Asia.

I'm wondering if one can live and dive on $2500.00 USD per month. If not, what would be needed?

You can live in Thailand, Malaysia, Phillipines, Vietnam, etc pretty cheap. I have a friend who rents a three bedroom brand new condo in Pattaya Thailand for 185.00 US a month. It is in a gated communiity and not that far from the city.

2500 US$ per month? 100,000 Baht per month in Thai money. A fortune unless you have kids and want to send them to an international school. You looking to rent or buy a house. Got any savings. My salary is quite a bit less than that and I have 2 kids and we're paying off a house loan here in Phuket.

Batfish:
2500 US$ per month? 100,000 Baht per month in Thai money. A fortune unless you have kids and want to send them to an international school. You looking to rent or buy a house. Got any savings. My salary is quite a bit less than that and I have 2 kids and we're paying off a house loan here in Phuket.
Nope no kids, just a cat. Probably rent for a while until I decide where I want to settle, then probably buy.

$2,500 is more that enough for one person, BUT a cat.. hmm, that may change everything.

I could live HERE on Catalina and dive for that!

Don't know what level of creature comforts you need, but I was living and diving in Thailand for about a third of that per month.

$2500/ month? Consider I was paying $3 for a seafood dinner, with entree, main and desert, with a beer every night in Phuket. If you look really hard, you'll feed yourself for $1 a meal.

Z...

I agree with everyone here. $2500/month and you will be able to live quite well. Take a month or two and visit. Ask around and you will find plenty of great places to live, eat and play! I spent a few months in Phuket and love it there. Just remember to research, research and research. then do some research! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom