Living in Asia on $2500.00USD Per Month

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver_City Boys:
Since diving is the key and phuket is focus here, i will tell you what my experiance
is...

pros
-Is very well devloped large island and everything within your reach, you are not going to miss city life much i mean
-Unlike bangkok, phuket has clean air, you gonna realy enojoy riding bike up the hills
-you will make friends much quicker than bangkok, and i find farangs in phuket financialy secure
-Food quality is good, better than pattaya but not as fresh as chaingmai and bangkok
i am generalizing based on my experiance
-great nightlife

cons
-Less respect toward forigners in all sense, comparing to bangkok, Chiangmai,...
-I rank kousamui and phuket among lowest in thailand chance for finding right partner
1-girls are not pretty, old, having child from ex-thai Bf.....
2-90% girls in patong are in relation with others and not trustworthy more or less, stay in phuket town for many reasons
3-Farang food is 50% more expensive than in Bangkok, you will be fine eating thai food
4-too far from bangkok and other major cities

I can tell you & gf won't be spending more than $1500/month, considering you are not
attached to bargirls

I hope i could help, i'm to lazy to type :06:
Interesting info, thanks.

So, let's use the following assumptions of what I am looking for in deciding what areas of Thailand to look at:

1. Easy access to diving.
2. Air conditioning.
3. Learning and living the Thai culture.
4. Staying well within the stated budget of 2500USD per month.
5. Meeting a woman around my age (48) preferably with either grown kids or no kids.
6. Not very crowded. More peaceful and quiet than the big city.

These are stated in order of preference or priority.

Thanks

i found this site quiet informative and entertain (especially when the author share his experiences with his ex gfs) check it out for those who are considering relocate to the Kingdom of Thailand
www.thailandguru.com

Quarrior:
Interesting info, thanks.

So, let's use the following assumptions of what I am looking for in deciding what areas of Thailand to look at:

1. Easy access to diving.
2. Air conditioning.
3. Learning and living the Thai culture.
4. Staying well within the stated budget of 2500USD per month.
5. Meeting a woman around my age (48) preferably with either grown kids or no kids.
6. Not very crowded. More peaceful and quiet than the big city.

These are stated in order of preference or priority.

Thanks

1-Phuket, next pattaya, if you want to be a diver and along with other advantages
2-Everywhere
3-Anywhere would be fine except Phuket, ko samui, pattaya
4-I'll repeat anywhere is thailand, you won't be spending more than $1500/month
with touristy places being most expensive
5-You are among exceptions, and easy to find your choice, but still keep looking around for sometimes, before deciding to make any kind of commitment
6-Peace you will find in Chiang mai, larger isaan cities and non-touristy cities in the south

Diving being you main objective, I think phuket overall will be the best option for you.

If not diving, then chiang mai or well-known isaan cities like Korat, khoen kean, udon, ubon,...

What does "larger isaan cities" mean?

As for the non-tourist areas, that's exactly what I'm looking for. I don't need the drunks and endless partying. Had my fill of that in the military. I also don't need the crime that goes along with it.

I would rather live an hour away from diving than live within walking distance and have to put up with a tourist area.

As I said, I want to learn and live the culture. I want to redo my lifestyle in a more peaceful manner in a more peaceful place.

Back
Top Bottom