LM 21Watt LED wont turn on...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can you drive light from power supply directly ?

Maybe battery pack wear out ? ( have voltage but have it capacity too? )

After many years in box I would cycle battery pack more times . ( Can you record charging/discharging cycle) ?

Does the charger discharge before charging? Or do you mean power it on and leave it to run "under water for x amount of time then recharge?

Just an update. Had to send it in. There was lot wrong with it. Including a flooding of the top.

Should I be expecting about "The 21 Watt LED emitter outputs 1100 lumens at 5600 kelvin on full power." on this light?

1100 Lumens sure doesn't seem to by much by today standards.

I wouldn't be too worried about the stated lumen output. My old 21W HID was rated at 1200 lumens and I still think it was one of the most appealing and useful lights I've ever used. If LM offers you a newer lighthead as a replacement, like the 20W I just sold, I can tell you that they are very bright and supposedly the color is a little more like HID.

I wouldn't be too worried about the stated lumen output. My old 21W HID was rated at 1200 lumens and I still think it was one of the most appealing and useful lights I've ever used. If LM offers you a newer lighthead as a replacement, like the 20W I just sold, I can tell you that they are very bright and supposedly the color is a little more like HID.

They didn't offer me anything. Just fixed my old light and sent it back. Which is what I asked them to do.

They did bulkhead upgrade, flight compliance, new switch, and a general service.

The lid had flooded so that started the problem.

--

I was just on there site and noticed the lights doing 8600 lumen now...

They didn't offer me anything. Just fixed my old light and sent it back. Which is what I asked them to do.

That's great, in my case they couldn't fix my light head due to parts no longer being available. Since you have it back, I'm guessing you've fired it up. Is it bright enough for you?

I believe that published lumen rating on a dive light manufacturer website is not a great way to evaluate a primary light. It's a start, but the only thing that matters is what it looks like in the water.

Tried it out in my pool.. mid day.. didn't seem as bright as I remembered.

Will try in the ocean this week (in the day).

Fired it up in the house at night and it seems well to do.. buts its dark :wink:

Lumens output projected on surface with lot of luxes is not all . I have 4200lm but most stay on mode 2 with 1800 lum . I think with good lens or reflector is optimal somewhere near 2500lm light source . ( for simple solo or group diving )
All other is video light for illuminating the space that surrounds you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom