Lobos on Thursday? (5/3)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fisheater

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm looking for someone to buddy up with to shore dive Point Lobos next Thursday.

Play hooky and come diving!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wish I could, I still got to take you up on your offer sometime! I am off Sundays, Mondays and most Tuesdays next month.

Play hooky and come diving!

Thanks again for setting that up...much more fun than going to work (though I actually did drop something off at the office on the way to Monterey).

Two fun dives to hole in the wall and in search of the lone metridium. Salps (I think), angel shark, admiralty style anchor. Water temp in the mid 40's, vis 20 to 40 feet, surface calm.

I'm happy & a bit tuckered out.

Thanks for the report 3D. I hope to visit Monterey in the near future.

When me and my buddy dove Lobos yesterday, vis opened up to almost 70ft around hole and lone metridium. We were blown away. No angel shark though.

We've been trading emails and the consensus now is guitar fish rather than angel shark---pointy-er head, beadier eyes.

Vis was nice. 40feet was my conservative estimate, buddy was saying 50, 70 seems quite possible.

We were probably there at the same time. Does the board have a little flag we can put on our cars to find each other?

The anchor was my favorite find---classic admiralty lines like the one at the breakwater, but much smaller.

That WAS a lot of fun!

Thanks for playing hooky and diving with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you make your reservation online? I sent in a reservation last week and again on Monday. I called on Tuesday and spoke with Kristina. She said she had received my request and would send me an email. I still have not heard anything. It is a 3 1/2 hour drive for me, and I don't want to show up and be told they are full. Anyone have a similar experience or any tips for me?

I made the reservation online and got the email confirmation quite a few days later. Patience.

I wouldn't worry about them filling up on a weekday. I hear that's very rare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom