Lobster Hunting Dive Buddy Wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jay88

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Greetings! 1st post. Not new to diving but new to the forum.

Looking for a dive partner to do some night dives with. All my dive buddies have moved or are not willing to get in the water after the sun goes down.

I'm a safe diver with plenty of experience. Just looking for a new buddy with a shared interest in grabbing some bugs. I am actually new to lobstering. Gave it a try this morning for the opening. Now hooked.

28, Male, Master Diver, 8 years experience, Clairemont.

IMG_1840 (1).JPG

Hey! I'm new to lobstering myself (first one was this opening Saturday)

I have no one to hunt with myself. I'll shoot you a pm with my info. I'm always down for boat or shore hunts.
I'll also be on the Sundiver Express bug hunting this weekend (10/7)

I'm only advanced PADI w/ night specialty ,I'm a safe diver and pretty self reliant as I mostly dive solo (day only ). 28 and I'm in the San Fernando Valley. (Van Nuys)

so that's what the left coast lobsters look like...thanks for the photo.

those lobster are similar to the one's we have in florida ...are those the California spiny lobster?...just a guess.

those lobster are similar to the one's we have in florida ...are those the California spiny lobster?...just a guess.
Yes and they can get quite big and they must be caught by hand only.
upload_2017-10-3_13-12-53.png

I got my OW certification 4 months ago so I can try lobster hunting. Now the season started. Bought all diving gears 2 days ago and want to go lobster dive in Palos Verdes area. I have no one to go with either. Like Max bottomtime said above, it's difficult to buddy dive while hunting, and I'm fine with diving alone but at least I want to have someone in the same area at the same time. (I bought a Spare Air thing just in case.)

Another thing is that I'm not ready to dive at night yet. I understand it's much easier to catch lobsters at night but I want to dive during the day till I get comfortable diving because I haven't done any diving since I passed the OW 4 months ago. Yes some people might think I'm stupid / crazy but I am not interested in taking advance classes. I only want to do lobster hunting / solo dive but it would be nice have someone around rather than completely being alone just in case.

So if there is someone who does not mind going lobster hunting during the day, let me know. Otherwise I'll just go alone this weekend.

Another thing to remember about lobster diving around Palos Verdes are the Pt. Vicente Marine Protection Area and the Abalone Cove State Conservation Area. You may not take lobster between the Pt. Vicente Interpretive Center and Abalone Cove.
abalonecovesmca.l-791x1024.jpg

Hi. I've been diving for 17 years. Getting back into things and want to start lobster diving again.

Drop me a line if you're up for a dive sometime.

Back
Top Bottom