Local missing off of Anini Beach - Kauai island, Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Search resumes for missing diver in waters off Anini Beach
The search is on for 26-year-old Theobhlius Erakdrik of Kalaheo in waters off Anini Beach on Sunday morning.

Personnel with the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG), Kauai Fire Department, Ocean Safety Bureau, Kauai Police Department, and Rescue 3 aboard Air 1 resumed their search for the missing man on Sunday morning.

According to a preliminary report, Kauai Fire Department personnel responded to a report of a missing diver at Anini Beach on Sunday morning at approximately 1:40 a.m.

Witnesses reported that a fellow diver apparently went missing after their dive party worked their way back to the channel.

Kauai Police Department personnel and Hanalei firefighters responded to the area.

Upon arrival, crews initiated a shoreline search and were joined by Rescue 3 and the on-duty Battalion Chief.

KPD officers also searched the surrounding road.

Due to darkness, the search was suspended at approximately 3:20 a.m. on Sunday with no sign of the missing diver. The search resumed this morning.

Updates on the search will be given as information becomes available.

Anyone with information about the missing swimmer is urged to call KPD Dispatch at 241-1711.

I located a missing snorkeler who drown at Green Sands beach on Big Island last month. Was a challenging day that weighed heavily on my heart.
Ka‘u drowning victim identified - West Hawaii Today
I just saw this report and called the Coast Guard to offer search assistance to the Fire Department in Kauai with our DPV's as Im already headed to Oahu this morning. They are still considering it a rescue but I always beleive running a search grid underwater asap is valuable not only to minimize the potential for unknowns (currents, sharks) but also the resources that go into inter agency search and rescue. Hoping this brutha is hold up on a rocky shoreline or using his mana to stay afloat offshore!

Back
Top Bottom