Location recommendations to pair with Komodo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FilmDork

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey scuba team,

My friend and I are doing a week in Komodo this May and are trying to decide on a second location to pair with it for another week. Currently looking hard at Sipadan, Exmouth/Ningaloo, Maldives, and Layang Layang and would LOVE to hear the thoughts on those spots from those of you who have been -- fish life, viz, water temp, dive shoppes, coral health, logistical challenges, etc, etc. I've done research but trust community recs more than write-ups when it comes to getting the truth about a location, so any thoughts would be welcome.

Still open to other ideas as well, so if there's another spot you think we should consider, I'd love to hear about it!

FYI, we're more into big stuff than macro, and we've already dived Bali, Nusa Penida, and Alor, so not looking to head back to those spots just yet. Raja's also out unfortunately. We'd love to go, but unfortunately we'd lose too much time in transit for this trip.

Thanks!

Its pretty easy to get to the Gili's from Flores (which is where you fly to from Komodo) - its easy to get a boat for this trip ( although a little) although not too much big stuff.

Sangalaki and Sipadan.
Scuba Junkie can offer you two centres package!!!
Airport of entry for Sangalaki is Tarakan(TRK)
MASwings connects TRK with Tawu.

Back
Top Bottom