Locations/maps/coordinates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simcoediver:
Icefrog, can Loran coordinates be calculated into GPS coordinates?The Loran numbers for the Wawinette are 29501.9 / 48970.7 .

Converting Loran to GPS is definaitely not a perfect science.. If you know all of the information, you can get within a few (i.e. 30) metres of the exact GPS coordinate. More informatio can be found here: http://www.loran.org/Coordinates.htm

I fed the LORAN into a converter and came up with N 44.79677 and W 079.86089 (that's N 44 47 48.4 and W 079 51 39.2).

I can't say whether this is right or not.

Regards,

Thats close to the suggestion then that it is N.44.49.300 W.79.50.540,,and not 05. I will use this coord and dive it ,see if its there, sometime in the next few weeks I will post the results. Perhaps Juggernaut ,you will do the same if you find it before me.Thanks

Hi, I dove Papas Paycheck on the weekend. After countless dives on the J.C. Morrinson, we agreed that this was a much more interesting wreck. The wreck is sitting upright in 30 feet with only a relitavily thin layer of mussles. A dive flag is a must due to boat traffic. Also a marker has been placed on the location. Thanks Simcoediver for the coordinates, do you have any more locations for Lake Simcoe or Lake Couchiching?

mizzy:
Hi, I dove Papas Paycheck on the weekend. After countless dives on the J.C. Morrinson, we agreed that this was a much more interesting wreck. The wreck is sitting upright in 30 feet with only a relitavily thin layer of mussles. A dive flag is a must due to boat traffic. Also a marker has been placed on the location. Thanks Simcoediver for the coordinates, do you have any more locations for Lake Simcoe or Lake Couchiching?

Is this one easily accessable from shore?

I have been thinking about checking it out since it is close to home.

Thanks

Are there any shore dives near there other than the Morrisson?
I'd be willing to drive and hour or so from Barrie for a good shore dive. My boat is temporarily unavailable.

Also would that 1/2 to 3/4 k distance be to far a swim for someone in decent shape?

Or a paddle? The motor on my Zodiac is dead but I could paddle out to see it.

ThanksThanks

Yes you could paddle out in your Zodiac ,Swimming out is not really an option too many boats cruising by,It should still be marked with a white jug ..

Cool!

I'll be diving there tomorrow!

Those jugs make life SO much easier!

I also have the GPS numbers. Do these sound correct? N 44 27.761 / W 79 28.851

Thanks a lot for the info.!

Juggernaut, the jug was still there on wednesday night. Yes your GPS numbers look correct. As I've mentioned before, at this location a dive flag is a must. Let us know what you think of this dive. Mizz

Back
Top Bottom