Lodging close to Fanning Springs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doctor Rig

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
What are some decent less costly places to stay in the Fanning Springs area for myself, wife (non-diver) and our dog? This is my first trip to springs area.... hoping for second week of March. Thanks for any thoughts you might have.

Not sure of the name, but there's an old fashioned 1960s era motel on US 19 right near the Lighthouse restaurant, which I strongly recommend by the way for at least one meal, if not more. Family members stayed there in the past, but not in recent years. The restaurant is still one of my favorites, and we went there memorial day weekend, 2020.

Not sure of the name, but there's an old fashioned 1960s era motel on US 19 right near the Lighthouse restaurant, which I strongly recommend by the way for at least one meal, if not more. Family members stayed there in the past, but not in recent years. The restaurant is still one of my favorites, and we went there memorial day weekend, 2020.

Thanks Gene. I found the Lightning Restaurant on 19/98 west of town, and then south of town again on 19/98 is Motel O....yep looks like out of 60’s. Here’s a picture! I’m assuming that’s the one you suggested.

I just got informed that a place with a kitchen is preferred. Got any ideas of any places like that?

Attachments

• BBD29ECC-193D-4F2C-8756-E868E5EF1DB5.jpeg
    BBD29ECC-193D-4F2C-8756-E868E5EF1DB5.jpeg
    138 KB · Views: 46
Also look for the Putnam Lodge in that area. Good food. Joel

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom