Logbook Data

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

biggpa

Registered
Reaction score
I am interested to hear what you log (depth, time, start pressure, end pressure, etc) and, most importantly, what secondary info you derive from that.

Here is a link to a copy of my Google Sheets logbook (LINK). The log has two data sections: required (columns A – J) and optional (columns K – Q). Columns R – V have some simple calculated (totals, avgs, etc), some totals of specific types of dives (EANx, night, deep), and running totals (time on current computer battery, time since last reg service).

The second sheet has two charts:
- depth, time, MinTemp, or RMV vs DiveNumber
- RMV vs MinTemp

I would love to hear what you think about the logbook. Any suggestions on data recorded or more secondary info?

Time of entry
Length of the dive
Depth max/Average
Cylinder types (size+air or mix)
Pressure in
Pressure out
Surface interval if there was any
Temperature surface
Temperature water
Weights and type of exposure suit
Buddy name
Random notes, free text

The main reason for maintaining a log is to prove diving experience for training. The information they are interested in are the type of dive: boat, shore, good or poor vis, etc., and of course currency e.g. when did you dive last.

I would separate location and notes into two columns. When you get more dives logged you’ll find it more useful.

site
date
temp. (air & bottom)
viz
PSI start & end
Max & Avg. depth
shore, boat?
pressure groups
bottom time (& cumulative)
conditions
buddy signature (if applicable)
shells found
flounders speared
other odd things (fish seen, etc.)

I don't log exposure suits or weights--Have 3 setups and I know them (written down somewhere else).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom