Lollipops or not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was posting that tongue in cheek. Have you ever thought of changing those 004 o-rings on a yearly basis? Hey, you can go all in and spend a dollar on the whole spool with two o-rings already on it. Just add some lube and stuff it in the tube like a boob! :D Most people who work on regs, pros and amateurs alike, forget to do that on the yearly service.

I can't stand those damned o-rings, but yes, those are actually the ONLY o-ring I change on a frequent basis. Everything else gets changed as needed but those little buggers get changed once a year and cleaned after every trip to cave country

Everything else gets changed as needed but those little buggers get changed once a year and cleaned after every trip to cave country
Over lube them. Go sparing everywhere else, but not there. No, not there.

Partial Hijack

For those that have the wireless rigs like I just got on my Teric, do you still keep your gauges as a backup in case your transmitter battery dies or other malfunction during a dive? That is what I would think I should do but I have not ever had a wireless air integrated computer before.

Partial Hijack

For those that have the wireless rigs like I just got on my Teric, do you still keep your gauges as a backup in case your transmitter battery dies or other malfunction during a dive? That is what I would think I should do but I have not ever had a wireless air integrated computer before.

If you read my post - my SPGs are bungeed back to my first stages. Transmitter on each SM tank. I have a Perdix AI.

I carry a spare battery for each transmitter in my save a dive kit.

do you still keep your gauges as a backup in case your transmitter battery dies or other malfunction during a dive?
No. I use rechargeable batteries on my senders and never go more than four hours on a battery.

small offtopic (my opinion not related to techno, but to recreational SM)
you favour having your spg's up or down and if you have any reasons for this?
Neither. I use such SPG:
s-l300.jpg

It has two main values:
- More than enough (green scale)
- Ops! (red scale)

This two values is enough for recreational diving :)
Between green and red you should going to ascend.
At the red scale or early - you should be at safety stop.
For recreational dive - it is more than enough.

Partial Hijack

not in the water with me, no. Extra failure points for negligible benefit

it's the damned spool o-rings and HP hoses that are my issue. The gauges themselves never give me problems, it's getting the gas to the gauge that's always an issue.
Tom, are your transmitters hard mounted or do you use a 6” hose to the first stage?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom