Lone Oak Lodge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Having never stayed at the Lone Oak, why do so many divers favor this place?
They've got a dedicated outdoor rinse station as well as spots to hang and dry your gear, so you don't have to try and rig up a line over the bathtub or anything like that. They also offer discounts for divers.

The Lone Oak figured out years ago that they could have a steady flow of patrons by catering to divers considering their location and all. Let’s face it, they’re not right in the heart of things. But now given the increase in tourism and special ongoing events in the area they are tapping into a more lucrative resource. Why would they give discounts to divers when they can get full price plus increases from tourists?
They probably don’t have the money yet to make improvements. This is probably part of the plan to get updated. The money has to come from somewhere.

Sorry, but I find this post absolutely ridiculous. The sea otter classic being held in Monterey this weekend is going to bring in 73k spectators and almost 10k athletes. Its one of the biggest bike races in the world. For most hotels, weekends like this is how they make enough money to justify giving us divers cheap rates the rest of the weekends. I can't find another hotel in the area that has rates that are as cheap as Lone Oak Lodges are. There are also none that cater to divers like they do. To come on here and trash a business for trying to get ahead on a very busy weekend is pretty crappy in my opinion. Take a look at any hotel on an event weekend and you will see price jumps. Its simple supply and demand. Also, I can't blame them on the 7 day cancellation deal, as small hotels take a massive hit when this happens. Why should they be on the hook when you decide on Thursday that conditions aren't diveable? Its not their fault, yet people expect them to eat it.

Back
Top Bottom