Long hose routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jorbar1551:
hate to restart a semi dead thread...but in the latest dive training magazine, the tec' divers have their long hoses bunchied to the tanks by a piece of rubber or something. has anyone tried that. ill try to find a picture and post it as soon as possible.

Spare us... please.

Some guys do it that way... it aint Hog.

I'm not positive about the origin of that routing, but I think it's a wreck thing. The only time I've seen the tank bungee configuration is in wreck diving articles. I could be wrong though.

I thought DIR and Hog rigs intertwined with each other? Oops is that a Hijack?

You guys are soooooooo sensitive

DIR is Hog, but Hog is not necessarily DIR.

Don't you forget that!!! :D

Jorbar1551:
hate to restart a semi dead thread...but in the latest dive training magazine, the tec' divers have their long hoses bunchied to the tanks by a piece of rubber or something. has anyone tried that. ill try to find a picture and post it as soon as possible.

OMG Dive Training is now talking tech?

The long hose in a tank bungie thing is long since dead, its not Hog and it definately ain't DIR. You can't stuff it back by yourself, it can fall out without you knowing it, s**t can catch on it, and you can't donate from your mouth.

It is the antithesis of a simple, streamlined system and it has never found the problem its supposed to solve after years of trying. Forget about it, Dive Training is way, way behind the times.

Yeah, well Dive Training also had an article back a few months ago in which they stated that the frog kick and modified frog kick are less efficient than flutter kicks and only used to give your muscles a break every now and then. :confused:

Jorbar1551:

Very old-style and not efficient when attempting to reconfigure after deployment. I thought this practice was long since dead and buried- the best place for it.

Johnny
www.cavediving.com

Michael Schlink:
Really trying not to start a fight, not a troll and not trying to hijack BUT DIR is NOT Hog. JJ and Bill don't agree on hose routing

... care to clue us in?

Johnny Richards:
Very old-style and not efficient when attempting to reconfigure after deployment. I thought this practice was long since dead and buried- the best place for it.

Johnny
www.cavediving.com

That was my first thought when I saw the article.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom