Long Layoff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I earned my open water certification in 1980 and did a lot of diving in the Keys, mainly Pennycamp State Park but also Eastern Dry Rocks and other sites. I earned my Master Scuba Diver card in 1986 and have not dived in quite a few years. I'm not sure at 71 that I'll rekindle my interest but thought I'd check out the forum just to see where diving has gone in the past couple of decades. I retired from the Army in 2000 and between being stationed in places not conducive to diving, retiring too far inland and getting a little older, I just let it lapse for a long time.

Hi. Yeah I just posted also about my similar situation. I's a mere 59 but in 1972 I took the local PADI course and all they offered there (Maine) was Basic Diver. Anyway I dove for about 25 years, more or less and even did a commercial gig on the side of my Coast Guard career. I stayed active duty for 31 years finishing in Iraq. I sold all my stuff mid-90's and when I visit Maine I really want to get back in the water. I think old people can benefit from it as long as health permits. I may jump back in.

Hi welcome to the forum. I too was certified back 1980's, dived in the keys on and off for a few years, then took several years off and got back into diving big time in the late 90s. The oldest active diver is something like 94 years old. Depending on your level of fitness and the health of your bank account, more diving is not out of the question.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom