Long Shot - Looking for tech/service manual for Sea&Sea YS-250

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sandog79

Registered
Reaction score
Hello. I know this is a long shot, but I am looking for the technical or service manual for the YS-250Pro strobes. I have two of them. One of them is not charging the caps (no charge whine). The other charges but is no longer firing with either optical or test. I am unable to test TTL. I would love a schematic on these rather than reverse engineer it and figure out the issues with them. I do understand the safety involved with a strobe circuit.

Thank you in advance.

Some good news on the battery packs, as I have had to rebuild mine. The batteries contain two safety features. One is a thermal cutoff, this is under the rectangle protrusion. It is easily replaced and sourced. The other is the varisistor. This is used only for charging, not for the strobe use itself.

This gentleman might be able to help you. You might give him a call and talk to him for an opinion.

Pacific Housing Repair

James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom