long vs large

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

omar

Contributor
Reaction score
So since the thread disappeared lets try this again.

What is the measurement from the top of the plate to the top of the slot for the routing of the strap at the waist for the long plate and the large plate.

Thanks

omar:
So since the thread disappeared lets try this again.

What is the measurement from the top of the plate to the top of the slot for the routing of the strap at the waist for the long plate and the large plate.

Thanks

Omar,

I truely want our customers to have a good experience with our products. I make every effort to match our customers needs with type, or type or style of goods that we know will serve them best. If we don't have what you need I'll tell you that too.

It is a constant challenge to keep the entire range of goods we offer in stock, much of what we sell is spoken for before we actually produce it.

As one of few companies to offer backplates in more than one size, we attract many users who are seeking something other than the "one size fits all" backplates that are commonly available.

It is not uncommon to find that their fit problems are often the result of bend angle of the plate, or the overall shape of the plate, and not the lenght.

They think they need a longer or shorter or even wider plate, when most would benefit from a DSS medium, maybe a large, with a flatter bend, and rounder lower corners.

There certainly are people who will benefit from a longer (or shorter) plate, or we wouldn't produce these sizes, but that's something to explore after learning a few basics, such as the height of the diver, and if he's currently using some other backplate.

Simply supplying plate dimensions, or slot dimensions etc. and letting the diver try to determine if this one feature is likely or unlikely to solve their fit problem has not proven to be reliable. I've had long exchanges with people under 6' tall that were convinced, for all the wrong reasons that they need a Long Pattern Plate.

If you can provide this information, i.e. your height, and how your current plate fits, if your are using one, I'd be happy to make a recommendation.

Tobin

Back
Top Bottom