Longimanus shark attacks my SMB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really like how you stuck in the photographs with the video, that is a cool way to do it. How interesting that the shark chomped your DSMB... I wonder if it was a young shark being playful or what his motivation was. Thank you for sharing. :)

Thank`s for the nice feedback. We had one hour of drifting away from the mothership, finally when we were picked up the entry to the boat went quit fast. I was the last out of the water, and i followed the shark with my eyes all the time :)
One hour with a single pelagic Oceanic Whitetip exhibiting its natural predatory behavior with a SMB is an exciting encounter and adventure.

(More than one large size apex predator shark -with a mandatory decompression profile of an hour- is a harrowing eternity :eek:).

Good work editing and musical scoring the amazing Video!

Last edited:
I really like how you stuck in the photographs with the video, that is a cool way to do it. How interesting that the shark chomped your DSMB... I wonder if it was a young shark being playful or what his motivation was. Thank you for sharing. :)
Thank`s laikabear. Yes i think it was a young and curious shark.
Here is another one, he wanted to join in a selfie :)

Bravo!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom