Look for Candidates for New Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you need to do yourself a favor and make sure you add the Deep 6 fins to your list... they really are that nice...

The Deep 6 Eddy Fin are on my list (see the TPE fin list above). I had to make a decision and they seemed like a lighter version, slightly positive of a Scubapro Jet Fin from what I have read here, with very comfortable foot pockets with a nice spring strap. I still may order a pair to see between the Apeks RK3 and them, which fits better. I am on the cusp of a size L and an XL. I wear size 11 boots with a modest profiled but firm sole.

Last edited:
Well...

I have three pairs of TPE fins now on order:

- Apeks RK3 Fins (Size Super)
- Deep 6 Eddy Fins (Size XL)
- Hollis F2 Fins (Size XL)

I will see which one fits my foot better and go with those and eat the shipping.

IMG_9817_zpsxtewewsc.jpg

F2AB4DDA-7BEB-40EB-8985-9F61B2BCE33F-265-000000622EAEDEBD_zpscu06qjsr.jpe

F8D4D798-355E-4414-91B1-E93B99CEF9F6-193-00000095308B9BBD_zpszrqvejpl.jpe

Last edited:
iim7v7im7

Very nice write up and conversation. I am also looking at different style fins. I just got my drysuit and finding out my seawing fins are not so great for drysuit diving. So looking to buy a set specifically for that. I have been looking at the RK3 and the
RK3 HD, along with the HOG F2.

Why did you go with the RK3 over the RK3HD? Weight, stiffness? Just trying to figure out what's best for my needs. Also anyone else have any input on these 3 fins?

Also would like to know once you get your 3 sets. How they fit and you like them. Esp the RK3

I've been diving Dive Rite XTs for many years, they are my favorite fin, powerful, good for all kicks, comfortable. They are slightly negative. The large and extra large are the same length, 24 1/4". The large are said to be for size 10-12 and the XL for 13 and up.

Good luck

I've been diving Dive Rite XTs for many years, they are my favorite fin, powerful, good for all kicks, comfortable. They are slightly negative. The large and extra large are the same length, 24 1/4". The large are said to be for size 10-12 and the XL for 13 and up.

Good luck

Those sizes are a bit optimistic. I'm a 13EEE and the XL is marginal at best in wetsuit boots and impossible in drysuit boots. In a drysuit I wouldn't look anywhere else but the Hollis F1's at the moment, at least until the negative Deep6's are out, but that's a next year or later thing

Well...

I have three pairs of TPE fins now on order:

- Apeks RK3 Fins (Size Super)
- Deep 6 Eddy Fins (Size XL)
- Hollis F2 Fins (Size XL)

I will see which one fits my foot better and go with those and eat the shipping.

View attachment 404428
View attachment 404429
View attachment 404430

I wear a size 11 shoe and have the
Fourth Element Pelagic Dive boots for cold water diving here in California and was directed to get the XL Deep 6 fins. They fit like a dream!!

iim7v7im7

Very nice write up and conversation. I am also looking at different style fins. I just got my drysuit and finding out my seawing fins are not so great for drysuit diving. So looking to buy a set specifically for that. I have been looking at the RK3 and the
RK3 HD, along with the HOG F2.

Why did you go with the RK3 over the RK3HD? Weight, stiffness? Just trying to figure out what's best for my needs. Also anyone else have any input on these 3 fins?

Also would like to know once you get your 3 sets. How they fit and you like them. Esp the RK3

I ordered the RK3 over the RK3 HD because it is sipposed to be somewhat more neutrally buoyant and flexible than the HD version. I am a warm water diver (typically in a 3 mm). They have not yet arrived. The Deep 6 Eddy Fins have arrived but I am still awaiting the RK3s and the F2s at this point.

I ordered the RK3 over the RK3 HD because it is sipposed to be somewhat more neutrally buoyant and flexible than the HD version. I am a warm water diver (typically in a 3 mm). They have not yet arrived. The Deep 6 Eddy Fins have arrived but I am still awaiting the RK3s and the F2s at this point.

Let me know how things pan out for your trials with them. I am leaning towards the RK3 HD for the slightly more negative aspect. Drysuit use obviously. My seawing will still be great for wetsuit dives.

I owned the RK3s, they are indeed neutral, almost positive. The Hollis F2s I've owned on two separate occasions, I found no love for them, the foot pocket and I didn't get on at all, it's gargantuan. The RK3s were in comparison very comfortable but in size regular the blade is very short, same as the F2s.

I owned the RK3s, they are indeed neutral, almost positive. The Hollis F2s I've owned on two separate occasions, I found no love for them, the foot pocket and I didn't get on at all, it's gargantuan. The RK3s were in comparison very comfortable but in size regular the blade is very short, same as the F2s.

Yeah, I will have to see how my US size 11 feet in 3 mm and 5 mm boots fit thd Apex, Deep 6 and Hollis fins. All should be fairly neutral. It will likely come done to "fit".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom