Look what came in the mail today.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also note the band clamp is different in that only one side has screw threads and the other side accommodates the screw head. This setup allows for the same part to serve as top or bottom.[/QUOTE
That makes since they called them universal clamps in the drawings, this one also has Philips screws. Any idea why the changed the shape of the inlet tube?

That makes since they called them universal clamps in the drawings, this one also has Philips screws. Any idea why the changed the shape of the inlet tube?

I suppose for saving weight, as the incavated knob...

Yep found the schematics it’s Delrin, the spacer is called “Ring Flow Ret” Powered it up first time in 25 years, no leaks, water tight, cracks 1.2 factory set... unbelievable.

Probably the CE schematics you already have, but attaching for reference. It does indicate new style case, but not drawn to show the different inlet tube shape. Looking a the diagram, I am guessing a standard exhaust tee does not fit?

Attachments

• BADJ-1995-10 CE.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 93
Looking a the diagram, I am guessing a standard exhaust tee does not fit?
That is correct. One can "force" a VDH cover over the flange, but the exhaust tee has a much wider opening.
It is also noteworthy if you have a CE model from that approximate year, then your BA will also have a large (G250) exhaust valve. (nice)

Having just gone through this to take pictures, it takes less force with the VDH tee than the hard rubber SP exhaust tee made to fit that flange. This is important because you don't want to leave a tee installed during storage unless you've removed it and thoroughly dried the area.

Edit with picture.
Upper left: BA with G250 size exhaust valve. Note the exhaust tee with a large opening
Upper right: BA with a G250 exhaust valve & a VDH exhaust tee (best combination IMHO)
Lower left: BA with large exhaust valve & tee installed.
Lower right: BA with standard exhaust valve. Note the comprised chrome under the tee area.

4 BAs 3 CE 1 standard.jpg

Probably the CE schematics you already have, but attaching for reference. It does indicate new style case, but not drawn to show the different inlet tube shape. Looking a the diagram, I am guessing a standard exhaust tee does not fit?
I do h
That is correct. One can "force" a VDH cover over the flange, but the exhaust tee has a much wider opening.
It is also noteworthy if you have a CE model from that approximate year, then your BA will also have a large (G250) exhaust valve. (nice)

Having just gone through this to take pictures, it takes less force with the VDH tee than the hard rubber SP exhaust tee made to fit that flange. This is important because you don't want to leave a tee installed during storage unless you've removed it and thoroughly dried the area.

Edit with picture.
Upper left: BA with G250 size exhaust valve. Note the exhaust tee with a large opening
Upper right: BA with a G250 exhaust valve & a VDH exhaust tee (best combination IMHO)
Lower right: BA with standard exhaust valve. Note the comprised chrome under the tee area.

View attachment 596655
i see that looking through the tee, CE definitely has the larger valve. Cool

Thanks,

Yeah unfortunately it didn’t come with the first stage it was new in the box looks like it was sold just the 2nd stage regulator with LP hose. Check out the SN seems to support what your saying about the small numbers. Anyway to decode?
View attachment 596579

I've never seen a BA with an air barrel like that-not even a picture. Cool.

Showing off three B/A with large exhaust valve in the same photo. Ouch, and I thought they were hard to find.

Good information about tee fit and storage, I stocked up on the VDH version last year after realizing how much easier they install compared to many of the original tees.

I stocked up on the VDH version last year after realizing how much easier they install compared to many of the original tees.

...and made from silicone, so they should last much longer than the rubber originals.

Edit with picture.

View attachment 596655
Nice tip on storage... they are so hard to get off. I do have one tee that I bought from VDH, do they make one for the lager exhaust valve do you know?

Back
Top Bottom