Looking at a couple of different regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would say if ice diving if your routine activities, maybe all the piston 1st stage regs, ie. Scubapro Mk25 and the Atomics aren't the best choice. Since you are buying new, why not buy what is optimal for your usage..

@Chi-Diver

If you are looking at a cold water regulator you want a sealed first stage and a second stage with at least a metal air barrel. If going with Scuba pro then you want a MK-17 first stage with a S-600/620, G-260, or preferably the A-700. The metal in the second stages help prevent freezing.

I am not that familiar with Mares regulators but I thought the Abyss Navy 22 is their cold water regulator. I don't see the chrome version on their website, so you may be able to get a deal on the older version.

Other choices would be Aqualung Legend Glacia which is also discontinued. If you feel tech diving may be in your future then an Apeks XTX50/DST would also be a good choice.

The special edition regulators like carbon this and stealth that are usually the worst value with regulators. Performance gains (if any) are small and the price difference is large.

Back
Top Bottom