Looking at getting a dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't have a drysuit yet but thinking about getting one. I really like my Waterproof brand wetsuit and have a friend with one of their drysuits. She seems pretty impressed with it. My shop recommended I try the D7X. D7X Nylotech - Waterproof Diving
I've had the D7X Nylotech since it came out in Dec 2018.
It's a very well made and tough suit but I don't know what the hell they were smoking when they figured out the placement of the dump valve.
It sits too forward/low on the arm, makes dumping suit gas pretty awkward as you have to get into a really weird position to effectively dump.
Not that much of a problem if you have a lot of gas in the suit, but if you use your wing for buoyancy you usually don't have a lot of gas in the suit.

I didn't know a lot when I bought it, guy in the shop was raving about it as it was a brand new release and it looked awesome so I bought it.
If I knew what I know now I would have gone for a Santi, Ursuit or Seaskin instead.
I still think the D7X is a very nice suit in every other aspect, but I would not recommend it as there are much better alternatives for less money (like Seaskin or Ursuit), hell even the new Shark Avatar suit would be a great pick as well.

I've had the D7X Nylotech since it came out in Dec 2018.
It's a very well made and tough suit but I don't know what the hell they were smoking when they figured out the placement of the dump valve.
It sits too forward/low on the arm, makes dumping suit gas pretty awkward as you have to get into a really weird position to effectively dump.
Not that much of a problem if you have a lot of gas in the suit, but if you use your wing for buoyancy you usually don't have a lot of gas in the suit.

I didn't know a lot when I bought it, guy in the shop was raving about it as it was a brand new release and it looked awesome so I bought it.
If I knew what I know now I would have gone for a Santi, Ursuit or Seaskin instead.
I still think the D7X is a very nice suit in every other aspect, but I would not recommend it as there are much better alternatives for less money (like Seaskin or Ursuit), hell even the new Shark Avatar suit would be a great pick as well.
From looking at the picture on the website, it looks like a standard dump placement to me?

From looking at the picture on the website, it looks like a standard dump placement to me?
It's far from ideal in reality, though I will admit it looks okay in the pictures.
A mate dives a Santi and the difference in placement is very noticeable.
Tried a Santi a while ago and the difference was extremely noticeable while diving, dumping was as easy as just lifting my arm up and out the gas went.

The problem is kinda visible on the photo at the top of their D7X Nylotech page with the diver wearing it.
It's even more noticeable when diving, and it's a problem I've heard from several others also diving Waterproof drysuits which are very common here in Sweden.
I know one guy who's resorted to physically push on his dump valve to get it to dump proper.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom