For Sale Looking for 1/2" Tank Valves for PST 100's (Need 4)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blacktip Scuba

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi Everyone! Any information is helpful. Used valves are fine. Preferably DIN. I know they're hard to come by, but somebody has to have some. Thanks!

make sure you actually need 1/2" valves. the pst hp100s usually are seen with 7/8 UNF or 3/4 NPS (for the e7 series). a 7/8 UNF valve is only a roughly 5/8 ID iirc as UNF measures by the OD and NPS by the ID. i have only seen 1/2 inch NGT on older low pressure tanks.

Hi Everyone! Any information is helpful. Used valves are fine. Preferably DIN. I know they're hard to come by, but somebody has to have some. Thanks!

As others have noted, early PST HP100s had 7/8" UNF threads, which (confusingly) are smaller than the standard 3/4"-NPSM threads. There are several 7/8" valves on ebay right now, and you can buy new Thermo ones from Leisurepro or Northeast Scuba Supply.

1/2" NPT valves are readily available used in yoke, and new Thermo ones are available in 200 bar DIN, from the same places.

Figure around $80 for a new valve, $40 for used.

As others have noted, early PST HP100s had 7/8" UNF threads, which (confusingly) are smaller than the standard 3/4"-NPSM threads. There are several 7/8" valves on ebay right now, and you can buy new Thermo ones from Leisurepro or Northeast Scuba Supply.

1/2" NPT valves are readily available used in yoke, and new Thermo ones are available in 200 bar DIN, from the same places.

Figure around $80 for a new valve, $40 for used.
Thanks for the info, it looks like 7/8 is what I need!

make sure you actually need 1/2" valves. the pst hp100s usually are seen with 7/8 UNF or 3/4 NPS (for the e7 series). a 7/8 UNF valve is only a roughly 5/8 ID iirc as UNF measures by the OD and NPS by the ID. i have only seen 1/2 inch NGT on older low pressure tanks.
Yep, it's 7/8. Thanks!

I'll have a set of 2 in about a week when I swap them for a right and left modular valve. They r the xs pvd pro valves. They will only have one dive on them

Back
Top Bottom