looking for a buddy, S Ontario

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darrell, this is the issue. My Tobermory trip ends Sept 2, drive to kingston on the 3rd., looking to dive from the 4th to 8th. The 4th's a Monday . Looks like you dive weekends as I do ( at home ). Kingston to Brockville is an hour north, but I assume you'd be working during the week anyway.

Yeah, I wasn't even thinking about the fact you are on vacation diving. I work Monday to Friday. So I can only dive on the weekend right now. September 4th is Labour Day. So I could go diving on September 4th. But if you are looking to dive all week, you'll probably find better options with Helen. If you call or email her, she might be able to hook you up with other divers who are going out that week.

If you need a buddy for September 4th, let me know what time and I'll meet you out at Helen's (or wherever).

The dive community is rather small in the Southern Ontario area. So Helen might also know dive clubs out the Kingston/Brockville area that you can connect up with. There are PADI, GUE, IANTD, SDI/TDI and probably a few other agencies represented by various dive clubs.

Also, when I went diving with Seaway Valley Divers out of Cornwall, they hired Little Diver. The boat captain was Ron. He was amazing. Don't know if he does walk ons but I'd dive with him again in a heart beat. Maybe call Seaway Valley Divers and see if they can give you the contact information for Ron.

Ron's boat holds 12 divers. So he won't go if there are only 2 divers (Helen of Abucs will) but he might have space with other groups.

Back
Top Bottom