Looking for a good dive operation near Tulum (for cenote AND ocean diving)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bjd001

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi,

We're planning a week-long dive trip for April 2015 and need recommendations for a good dive operation near Tulum.

We plan to stay in a rental house near Tulum. Right now we're a group of about 8 divers, plus a few additional non-diving spouses. We plan to do 3-4 days of diving during the trip. Some of the divers want to dive the cenotes one day, and we're all also interested in ocean diving. (Most of us have previously been to Cozumel.) We are all quite experienced divers and include several serious photographers.

Thanks.

P. S. If you have suggestions for activities for the non-divers in the group, I'll take those too!

A huge recommendation for Adam at cave heaven right in Tulum. He is super friendly and extremely knowledgable. Checkout their website.

Also, the ruins in Tulum are incredible, there is even an awesome little beach right there. Xel ha is a very cool place for non divers, it's like a nature disney land, checkout their website. Lots to do in and around Tulum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hola bjd,

I will love to help you set up your dives while in Tulum. We offer personalized diving services, with top of the notch equipment and instructors/guides. We specialized in cenote and cave diving, but love to reef dive as well. If you let me know what are you looking for I will gladly put a package together for all of you.

You can check us out at Diving Mexico - Cenotes, Caves, Caverns, Reefs Playa del Carmen Tulum - Blue Life or on our TripAdvisor page (link below).

Looking forward to diving with you!

Karla :)

I just returned from Playa del Carmen and dove with Leo from Blue Life. Karla was great in getting me and my daughter setup for both ocean dives and cenotes dives. We really enjoyed Dos Ojos and The Pit.

First of all, you're very lucky to dive in Cozumel! I'd like to go to Mexico... Sooner or later! :wink: There are many scuba diving centers in Tulum . You'll find also some information about the diving location.
There are many activities for the non-divers in Tulum. It can be interesting to visit Tulum Monkey Sanctuary or also Mayan ruins of Tulum. What do you think about it?

I recommend my friend Natalie Gibb who is an awesome cenote/cave as well as beautiful reefs dive guide. If she isn't available, she will certainly set you up with someone special.

I just returned from Playa del Carmen and dove with Leo from Blue Life. Karla was great in getting me and my daughter setup for both ocean dives and cenotes dives. We really enjoyed Dos Ojos and The Pit.

Playa del Carmen is not anywhere near Tulum, 64KM's about one hour drive

Yes, but many of the cenotes are close to Tulum and I dove with Blue Life. Emailing them is free and easy. Sorry I chimed in.

Back
Top Bottom