Looking for a new BC, any suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for posting your store site. Do you have a location we can visit?

We don't currently have a store front. That may come at some time in the future, but for right now not having the overhead of a store front is one of the main things that helps us keep our prices so low.

We don't currently have a store front. That may come at some time in the future, but for right now not having the overhead of a store front is one of the main things that helps us keep our prices so low.

Manufacturers require store front! Divers should be aware, NO MANUFACTURER WARRANTY! I wanted to be competative with pricing so I checked with Sherwood (maybe I missed a promotion) and guess what? Not an authorized dealer!!

man, fill out your profile or give us more information.

It's like saying "what vehicle should I purchase?". LOL

(oh. buy a Jeep or a chopped Harley. Those are what I drive. I also have a Benz and a VW my wife and kid drive. )

Know what I mean? :)

Manufacturers require store front! Divers should be aware, NO MANUFACTURER WARRANTY!

Incorrect.

By law, new items sold in the United States have a warranty implied... That is, they are expected to do what they are sold to do.

The method of how they get into the consumer's hands (eg - through a retail store, mail order, internet, phone order) does not change the law, or somehow release the manufacturer from his responsibility to the consumer.

Yes, there are several manufacturers claiming "NO WARRANTY," but it is a plainly illegal practice, and the moment they really say "no," they're opening themselves up to having their pants sued off.

...Which I recommend doing - you'll make a load of money. :) I know several good attorneys that would LOVE to take that case. :)

I am tired of hearing this incorrect information infecting the scuba industry.

I checked with Sherwood (maybe I missed a promotion) and guess what? Not an authorized dealer!!

That may be true, and it may not. I'll call Sherwood Monday and find out and either back you up on this or not.

...But being an "authorized dealer" has nothing to do with the manufacturer's responsibility to the consumer.

For what it's worth - most manufacturers have NEVER required a brick-n-mortar store... But many DISTRIBUTORS do, depending on which distributor you get your gear from.

...Which is a good reason for you to fire the distributor and obtain the manufacturer's good through other means - either from another distributor, or directly from the manufacturer.

Time for the "no warranty" myth to be debunked. Tired of hearing it.

Manufacturers require store front! Divers should be aware, NO MANUFACTURER WARRANTY! I wanted to be competative with pricing so I checked with Sherwood (maybe I missed a promotion) and guess what? Not an authorized dealer!!

That does not mean our products are do not have warranties. Some gear we purchase direct from manufacturers. Other gear we purchase from shops over stocked or going out of business. All of our gear is warrantied.

I think you guys need to put much more info on the products in your web site. In mail order all you have to go by is what's written on the site.

Adam

What kind of information are you interested in? We have our policies in place. All the gear on our site can be referenced on the original manufacturer's site. We are a reseller, not a manufacturer.

What kind of information are you interested in? We have our policies in place. All the gear on our site can be referenced on the original manufacturer's site. We are a reseller, not a manufacturer.

I looked up a few random items, for ex UKQ40 light, there was no indication whether this was a halogen or LED light and no specs, same with the DiveRite stage bottle sling, there was no indication of the size of tank this works with. Just look up the same items on other well established sites, like Divegearexpress or Scubatoys or leisurepro and you see much more detailed information.

Adam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom