Looking for a source for single outlet manifolds for doubles.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JustinW

Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking for some stuff for a friend of mine. Right now he has a set of doubles on VOIT 72's. These are on a single outlet manifold. At least I'm pretty sure thats the correct term for them. They are connected, and have one valve in the center. He is looking for another one like this, but of course most suppliers do not carry this anymore. They still dive nicely, we did a dive last weekend on them. Original Hydro date was sometime in the early 70's to late 60's.

ebay. N

US Divers/Aqualung still makes one for the military. If you can find a dealer, they can probably get it. It will be pricey. Otherwise, there are always plenty on Ebay. Got two from there myself. Now if I can just get my friend to sell the two steel 50's he has to me...

Small twins were once very popular because they worked well with double hose regulators. They allowed the regulator to sit close to the back and the short length of the tanks also allowed the regualtor to sit lower in anoptimal position. I have not seen any in years in a brick and mortar store. They probably through them all away because they are dangerous. Ookkkkkk, danger is my middle name, that is what attracted me to diving in the first place, I love danger, fast cars, crazy fast motorcycles, flying upside down, what is so great about being safe anyways?
Seriously, they are on ebay all the time, people upgrading to less dangerous units and selling off poor old gramps dive gear now that they coerced him into a retirement home, they need the cash to get some more tatoos and nose piercings. N

If i remember well Joel Silverstein was mentionniong the other day that the Korean navy still used this and that he sometimes bid for the the contracts. www.techdivinglimited.com

yeah, i sent joel a message and he never responded, although i'm pretty sure he got it.

Nemrod,
Your too funny! Tattoo's and nose rings! Hee hee! lol!

Don't dealers like OMS, Genesis, Halcyon and Sherwood still make manifolds for twins?

There is one on eBay as we speak! See Item #7153303703.

No, they don't, I don't think. They make isolation types with a post above each tank--not a single center outlet with outlet below the bar. Maybe I am wrong but I have not seen any recently or for a long time actually. Also, those isolation types have a different c/c spacing and tend also to be DIN which does not work well with a double hose even with an insert in the manifold. For use with twin 72 or 50s with a double hose regulator the manifold must have a center outlet and that outlet needs to be below the cross over bar with valve wheel up. The Sherwood type like I use with a second outlet/post flipped backwards and cenetered on the left tank allow a reverse mounted single hose for solo or deep redundancy and alternate air for non buddy breathing trained "buddies". N

Back
Top Bottom