• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Looking for a Specific Knife

Discussion in 'Advanced Scuba Discussions' started by certainmisuse, Apr 4, 2020.

1. certainmisuse

certainmisuse Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    I'm looking for a dive knife where the sheath is of the style with a "button" release and can be attached to a standard 2" webbing. Additionally, not too big, so in the mid-size range, say approximately 4" blade. Best example I can provide is the ScubaPro Mako, but I don't think it attaches to a 2" webbing out of the box. Could be wrong.

And FYI, I already have many of the other versions of knives that attach to a 2" webbing where for example the sheath has a velcro release, I don't need anymore of those.

Thanks much.

--
    David

2. Andrew Dawson

Andrew Dawson Barracuda

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    UTscuba likes this.
  3. UTscuba

UTscuba Barracuda

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    I agree, great knife, small and unobtrusive, razor sharp and bolts onto a standard BC mounting.

I think they make a steel and a titanium version. Get the Ti version.

Andrew Dawson likes this.
  4. Nemrod

Nemrod Solo Diver

What you want is the "Tekna" knife. Occasionally available new in SS or Titanium and has a plastic locking sheath. They are also on eBait from time to time.

James

5. Bowers

Bowers Public Safety Diver

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I use the edge/hog traveler bc knife with the blunt tip. Meets your description and wont break the bank.

EDGE Traveler BC Dive Knife